New Timberline Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got our Timberline from the dealer stock. It had arrived a few days before we saw it and it was not reserved so we turned our 18 max limited in for the new one. We’ve done a number of highway trips averaging just under 300 miles each way. The ride quality is much better on the Timberline over our Max. max was 2WD and I expected the 4WD version to be slightly rougher. Not so. We live in Soith Texas so a highway drive consists of setting the cruise control at 85.

Had already experienced and enjoyed the adaptive cruise control. I like the lane control feature, just wish they had installed Blue Cruise on the Expedition.

Have just over 2K miles on her so far. No issues to report.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

The Max with the large rims will have a stiffer ride. The off-road suspension on the Tim and the tires give it a smoother ride. Not sure the HP of the 18 but the Timberline has the HO engine so its 60 HP more than the regular and 40 more lbs of tourqe.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Max with the large rims will have a stiffer ride. The off-road suspension on the Tim and the tires give it a smoother ride. Not sure the HP of the 18 but the Timberline has the HO engine so its 60 HP more than the regular and 40 more lbs of tourqe.
All 22s have improved ride quality regardless of suspension type, ford recalibrate the suspension on them. Even without the Timberline, a comparably equipped 22 ltd will ride better than your previous truck.