New Tires - Michelin Defender P265/70R17

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
014.JPG 015.JPG Original Goodyear Wranglers (new at purchase) went 75K.
1st set of Michelin LTX M/S went 76K.
2nd set of Michelin LTX M/S2's went almost 8 years (sorry odometer broke 5 years ago).
Rotate them every 5K miles; now every 6 months.

Just put these on Thursday. Awesome ride.

Backinblack

Reaction score
I wish that Ford would have put the Defenders on the 2018 4wd's instead of the Michelin Primacy AS Highway tire. They are horrible in the snow.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have had unbelievable long wear from the LTX M/S2s. I have heard some people don't like the Defenders. That looks like the good old Michelin highway tread. One of my favorites.
Deep edge tread that rounds less than most brands. Gives you longer life even if alignment won't stay in and you get edge wear.
You can notice the wear then rotate especially if one front wears inside and one wears outside...then when it gets to be over half, I have them dismounted and flipped.
I got more life out of the LTX M/S2s than any other tire I ran on several vehicles.
I had BF Goodrich Commercial (TA I think), General Grabber and Cooper Discoverer 225-65-16 E, Firestone Transforce HT, Laufenn . The Laufenn is my 2nd favorite.
They are slightly more aggressive tread (don't like because this vehicle is ONLY on highway) but have a more squared block big truck 4x4 tire look. They have worn better than all but the Michelins.