New to Fords, a few interesting electrical quirks and advice needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Rear wiper "fix". Turns out I had a blown fuse. (Picture attached) I replaced the broken fuse with an unused one and now it works perfectly. Now I have to see why that fuse was blown...

View attachment 31226

Lucky you. I’m glad you were able to fix yours. I’ve been fighting with this all day today. I swapped all the relays. I checked all the fuses. Swapped the same fuse you did. I installed a brand new motor. None of the connections look corroded and I can’t get the damn thing to turn on. I’m at a loss

Ulver

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lucky you. I’m glad you were able to fix yours. I’ve been fighting with this all day today. I swapped all the relays. I checked all the fuses. Swapped the same fuse you did. I installed a brand new motor. None of the connections look corroded and I can’t get the damn thing to turn on. I’m at a loss

Check out the ground for it again. I've seem many posts about a simple grounding issue with these. Do some wire jumps to a ground on the door if needed.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Check out the ground for it again. I've seem many posts about a simple grounding issue with these. Do some wire jumps to a ground on the door if needed.
Thanks man. Do you know what pin I need to put the positive lead of my multimeter in on the plug?

Ulver

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's a wiring diagram. In page 2 you will see at the left hand side the pins for the connector. Blk - grnd then Violet/yellow for park and so on.

Have you hooked up your wiper motor completely? Like bolting it all back in? Mine didn't work until i bolted mine completely in. I believe it gets it's ground through the bracket.

Also, just to make sure, you are switching your wiper selector to "int1 / int2 " correct? Sorry these are silly questions but the simplest things are overlooked.

Attachments

• Rear Wiper.pdf
    106.3 KB · Views: 7

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
The rear wiper is a design issue. The motor gear shaft is steel and case aluminum(new ones are plastic). The dissimilar metals fuse together. A 'new' motor will eventually fail, the same way. I took mine apart and honed the bore of the aluminum case and greased it. I gave it a little slop and it continues to work, after 2+ years.