New to me 2019 Expedition XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zero4199

Reaction score
I just picked up an Expedition Max with 82k miles
couple of things.
the 10 speed shifts funny when cold. it's as if the engine power drops out for a second for the 1/2 shift.

Also, hot or cold, when I rev the engine in park, there is a weird rattle as the RPM's come down. doesn't sound like exhaust.

any clue?

Thanks

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
couple of things.
the 10 speed shifts funny when cold. it's as if the engine power drops out for a second for the 1/2 shift.

Also, hot or cold, when I rev the engine in park, there is a weird rattle as the RPM's come down. doesn't sound like exhaust.

any clue?

Thanks

Could be a exhaust heat shield or turbo wastegate rattle or VCT solenoid.

Also- get used to your expedition making a new noise everyday.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
couple of things.

any clue?

Thanks
Congrats. That would be the wastegate rattle I think, our Raptor has that problem.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Both my transmissions have done something similar, but it is more like 4/5 or 5/6 shift. Does it every time when it is cold and accelerate above 30 mph. It hard to tell, but the speedometer holds at 24 mph for about half a second.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also g
Both my transmissions have done something similar, but it is more like 4/5 or 5/6 shift. Does it every time when it is cold and accelerate above 30 mph. It hard to tell, but the speedometer holds at 24 mph for about half a second.
I also get that 4/5, 5/6 "hard" shift. 5th gear and 3rd are the only shift I can feel going into or out .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tryspaygee