Nice riding quiet MT tires, what are people running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lvcjt702

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Patagonia M/T has a pretty constant center section- might be quiet.

I have Cooper STT Pros on my Explorer. But I literally just got them.
I convinced my nephews to give them a try on their obs f250 and was impressed with the lack of road noise. They've worn quite well considering it's a pair of teenage boys driving. No chunking or excessive ware over the last year. I'm planning on putting a set on the 1st gen if these Michelins ever ware out.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

lvcjt702

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those Toyo R/Ts are supposed to be the Bee’s Knees but they are big money.
I don’t have the need for MTs. I ended up buying Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws as lots of folks have been reporting that balancing the recent KO2s is a nightmare if even possible without a ton of weight.
The Falkens are a fair amount cheaper and I have yet to hear a bad review and everyone says they are super quiet. We’ll find out in the next week or so hopefully.
They make a Wildpeak MT may want to read up on them.
Just put a set of AT3Ws on the wifes Gator last week for the exact reasons stated. Plus the previous 2 sets of BFGs on my Power Stroke wore far to quickly for the use that it gets and the set we just took off of the Gator cracked on the sidewall lugs on 2 of the tires after 2yrs on the truck. They've lost a life long customer for sure!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Backinblack

Reaction score
My 2018 4wd Expedition came with Michelin Primacy Highway All-Season tires, very smooth and quiet ride but horrible in the snow and not the correct tire for this vehicle. The window sticker and all the information at Ford's web site states that the 4wd Expeditions come with A/T, All Terrain tires. I had the dealer install 4 new Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventures with Kevlar. They have a more aggressive tread with a very similar ride. My son has them on his F-150 and has no trouble in heavy snow.