No air from rear vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drokmofo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1st off, if this is redundant plz direct me to the thread. 2007 EL 5.4 179,*** miles. Got in to go across town yesterday and nothing came out of rear vents for the kids. No air at all, hot or cold. For the past couple months the air has taken a while to cool down if it does at all. I am assuming there is a freon leak and it is low. I haven't checked anything yet. After reading some info other from other sites I am thinking it could be either a fuse, a relay, an actuator or 2, or the rear blower motor. If the freon is low will the system shut down the rear? Any and all advice is appreciated. Thx in advance.

OP
OP
drokmofo

drokmofo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thx, I was pretty sure about that. That is why I asked if the refrigerant got low, would it not run the rear at all. Keep the ideas coming plz!

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thx, I was pretty sure about that. That is why I asked if the refrigerant got low, would it not run the rear at all. Keep the ideas coming plz!
It all runs the same. You need some cheap gauges and to read a few youtube vids on using it.

Hoffy90

Reaction score
Can you hear the blower motor running? We had a completely clogged ac evaporator that wouldn't allow any air through.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does the front blow cold? You should have about 35 psi on the low side and about 150 psi on the high side on a 70* day. Gauges are good to have.

OP
OP
drokmofo

drokmofo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I dont hear the blower motor. Thinking about going to harbor freight and buying a set of gauges. It is 100* here rt now. How would those pressures relate to this temp? Thx again. I'm thinking it is the blower motor. Front takes a while to get sorta kinda cold. Doesnt start out hot, but def not cold.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I dont hear the blower motor. Thinking about going to harbor freight and buying a set of gauges. It is 100* here rt now. How would those pressures relate to this temp? Thx again. I'm thinking it is the blower motor. Front takes a while to get sorta kinda cold. Doesn't start out hot, but def not cold.
At 100* your pressures would be more like 45 and 230. The ac's are warmer when it's warmer outside. I taped a little thermostat on my middle vent and it is 20* cooler than outside. Some are 30+- cooler but 20 is plenty for me. You could have a bad blower or evaporator in the rear also. There are other threads in here on that.........do a search.