No CD player.?..Why?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2019 limited stealth doesnt have a cd player. Do all newer/new expeditions no longer play cd's? Kinda wish they still kept it as well...dumb

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Most vehicles come without them now. Virtually no one uses them anymore. I had a collection of over 400 CDs and even I moved over to USB. Solid state storage is so cheap now that CD just doesn't make sense.

OP
OP
SyndicateZ

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Most vehicles come without them now. Virtually no one uses them anymore. I had a collection of over 400 CDs and even I moved over to USB. Solid state storage is so cheap now that CD just doesn't make sense.
Understandable.

I just feel like music played from a cd just sounds better than via bluetooth/usb

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Understandable.

I just feel like music played from a cd just sounds better than via bluetooth/usb

Generally speaking, wired connections are usually going to provide better quality than wireless connections, whether that's BT, WiFi, etc. Via USB the quality will be the same provided that the music on the USB is in a lossless format just as it is on the CD.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2018 was the last year, but no new vehicles have them save 1 or 2. Did you not know this before purchasing? It's right in front, and even ur salesman shoulve told you.

OP
OP
SyndicateZ

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2018 was the last year, but no new vehicles have them save 1 or 2. Did you not know this before purchasing? It's right in front, and even ur salesman shoulve told you.
I knew this before purchase and totally fine not havingbthe "option" to play a cd. :) I just feel like the music pumped from a CD hits better.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I knew this before purchase and totally fine not havingbthe "option" to play a cd. :) I just feel like the music pumped from a CD hits better.

As I posted above, USB can provide equal quality if you rip the CD to USB in a lossless (FLAC, WAV, etc) format.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agreed, however, i didnt use the cd player much. With the b&o, bt music was rele good, but USB music was phenomenal depending on file quality.