No leather on 2019 XLT expeditions- what is ActiveX?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michguy

Reaction score
So in looking at the order info for 2018 and 2019 Expeditions I discovered that although the 202A package upgraded the seating to leather (from cloth) in 2018 XLT Expeditions, the 202A package (although priced the same as on 2018 XLT's) now on the 19's upgrades the seating instead to what they refer to as ActiveX rather than leather. Wanting the taller profile tires on 18 inch wheels means opting for an XLT on the new Expeditions.

So what the heck is ActiveX and what does it look like? Apparently it has been used in other Ford vehicles. Obviously this is cost cutting. Having said that, Mercedes has used what they refer to as MBtex on a number of vehicles including the base E Class cars. We have it on my wife's 2015 GL and in that vehicle (an SUV) I actually prefer it to leather because although it looks like leather it is more durable.

But, I don't know what ActiveX is or what it looks like. In my opinion the new Expeditions already looks a bit cheap because of all the shiny black vinyl on the dash. ( I would much rather have the interior of my 2008 Eddie Bauer). Anyway, if possible tell us about ActiveX.

byz250f

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I looked at a 18 and 19 Expedition 202a XLT I couldnt tell the difference in the seating material. Not sure what that means...Where in MI you from? Im in SE MI.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pretty sure activeX is a hybrid some areas are synthetic leather and others are actual leather.

Don’t really care. I am cheap. I want cloth.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure activeX is a hybrid some areas are synthetic leather and others are actual leather.

Don’t really care. I am cheap. I want cloth.

My expy is cloth, the nice thing about the cloth is I don’t get that :eek: factor when I sit in the cold seat, or in the opposite in the summer. It’s always mild. I like Leather better in that it cleans up easy and looks nice. I do clean my cloth seats often with shout, they stay relatively clean this way.