No left turn signal on socket for trailer lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

john shelman

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Expedition with the factory tow package. For some reason, there is no voltage on the left turn signal blade back in the socket for the trailer lights. The signals on the truck work fine, and all the other blades in the socket have the proper signal, only the left one is giving problems...any ideas? Are there any fuses that are just for the individual pins on the socket? I thought my camper wiring was the problem...but tested all those circuits with a separate battery...then ran voltage checks on the vehicle and found no voltage on that blade then I activate the left turn....the other night it had signal on all blades of the socket....i put a new plug on the camper, got a couple of connections reversed...chould that have blown something?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Only if you connected power to ground. If the turn signals still work on the Expy then you have a wiring issue with that circuit. I would look at where they tied into the harness for the left turn signal first. You may get lucky and only have a bad splice or connection.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Idk about the Expy but I know my Suburban has separate fuses for left and right side trailer lights.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank1971