No lock on gas tank door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StealthyBulldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It also makes a difference if you are fueling at high, medium, or low volume speed. If I have it on low, the gas doesn't slosh around as much going down the tube, so when it kicks off, it isn't a 'false filled' click. If you have on high it can have more back splash which may briefly hit the air flow tube inside the nozzle, causing it to kick off. Which would then mean obviously there's still more room to fill.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd have to stop to pee way before that.

while that may be....you can pull over at some rest area and do that a lot faster.

the benefit of a larger tank also means you can pick and choose refuel/top off locations based on the lowest price too.

Plati

Reaction score
With all the problems reported on here about overfilling tank ... when it clicks and is done, thats fine with me. Done.

Plati

Reaction score
Last edited:

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All those articles are stupid.

“my check engine light is on after I overflowed my gas tank.” Well you moron, you filled the tank to the point of it overflowing. Yeah: that’s gonna cause problems. Don’t be a dummy. There is a vast difference between “topping off” and “overflowing”.

But you do you. I’ll keep doing what I’ve been doing.