no phone, need apim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

HavasuMike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I already have a handsfree unit that I bought for my Jeep. I may have to get another. It was only $30. I found the APIM module online for $330 and change. Does it have to be programmed after installation? Where is it located in the vehicle? How tough is it to replace? Any answers to these questions will be helpful in making my decision as to what to do.

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
From what I’ve gathered it is supposed to be located right behind the back up camera screen. There’s probably a You Tube video out there on replacing it.

OP
OP
H

HavasuMike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You are not going to believe this. Yesterday while driving, I received a call on my visor hands free unit. This time my radio turned off which it hadn't done before. After I hung up from that call, I pressed the voice button and it worked so I made a call and that worked. It's been about 2 months since it quit working but hopefully it will keep working and I won't have to spend the money to have it fixed.

OP
OP
H

HavasuMike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bad news. It stopped working again. I was listening to the LA/SF playoff game when I got a message on the screen. It said to start the engine or remove the key. It didn't work after that. It apparently has something to do with the battery being low. The first time it happened, I had removed the battery ground and it went out. I guess it's back to the visor mount until it comes on again(hopefully). Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this kind of trouble.

1oldtimer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
By any chance, are you using an aftermarket USB/Cig.Lighter charger? I have had them interfere with bluetooth in other vehicles.

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
By any chance, are you using an aftermarket USB/Cig.Lighter charger? I have had them interfere with bluetooth in other vehicles.
Had a phone charger interfere with the tire pressure sensors on my '07, would trigger dash light for low tire.