No power at 7 pin connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andrew Howell

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to this forum. I have a 2007 expedition el eddie bauer. I have the factory tow package with the 7 pin connector. I am get no 12 volt power to the plug. I found a fuse missing and replaced and ever8else seems to be when it's supposed to be but still no power. My fig in the camper will not switch to gas without it.

Edistobob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a 2008 Expy and had no power either, just as you described. Does your vehicle have the necessary under-hood relay? It should be in the fuse/circuit breaker box located under the hood. I'm sorry, I no longer have the car or manual and can't give you the exact position in the box so you can check. But if you have your owner's manual you'll find the diagram of the relay positions in it. My relay was missing. Everything worked after I installed one.

CaptOchs

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You know it won't give you 12V if the truck is off, right? When I first got my 2003, I had the same problem. Figured out it only truck had to be running.

Plati

Reaction score
a curious person might wonder why the fuse was missing

Jimdar

Reaction score
My 2004 with tow package came with the towing relay or relays and a fuse in a bag uninstalled. I found the bag in the jack compartment with instructions to install. Perhaps it was a practice they continued through 2007.,

marlinpruett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2007 EL Limited did not have the relay. I found a reasonable priced one on Ebay. Dealer thinks they are made of gold and prices them that way!

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You know it won't give you 12V if the truck is off, right? When I first got my 2003, I had the same problem. Figured out it only truck had to be running.

My 03 does the same thing too. No power to unless its running...

Does the camper have a 12v battery? What's gonna power the brakes if the trailer comes disconnected from your tow vehicle? The fridge should stay on with the battery on your camper, and your Expedition should charge the battery.