No power to air suspension compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deranged168

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Expedition EL Limited with rear air suspension. While driving home the other night noticed the ride was getting rough and upon stopping noticed the air bags were no longer filling. Once home I found the compressor was not getting power(confirmed this by jumping power straight to the compressor). Proceeded to check all fuses and found all to be in good order. Also checked the relay and ultimately replaced but did not solve the issue. Ran Forscan and received code C1810 - Air suspension height sensor out of range. Thinking this might be the problem but unsure of how to go about testing. Any help would be appreciated.

wk99

Reaction score
Sounds like you need to check your rear sensors. One of my sensors got damaged on my 2012 Expedition and had to be replaced. I received a warning message on instrument cluster. Can't quite remember what it said since it was over 4 years ago but I know that the compressor would not engage with the sensor being broken. Once replaced, it worked like a charm.

OP
OP
D

Deranged168

Reaction score
Just replaced both sensors as one was throwing ride height sensor out of range code and the other was quite stiff to move. Still have no power to the compressor. Pulled the relay in the distribution box and would assume one post would have constant power coming in but I am getting nothing.

big_thumper

Reaction score
I had a similar problem. I used a jumper wire to short the two large wires where the relay goes. My pump worked. I then replaced the rear sensors (from ebay) and that did the trick. I did notice when the system goes through the test cycle on Forscan I could hear the rear air solenoids clicking. Removing that question about them being operable. hope that helps.