No Sound from Entertainment System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
The other day the audio system quit producing any kind of sound. It turns on and off. I can hit the mute button and see the visual cue that it's muted. However when I turn the volume knob or use the volume controls on the steering wheel nothing happens. I don't even get an indication on the head unit that I am adjusting the volume. I checked the fuses and every appears fine.

Anyone run in to this? Next stop is the dealer I guess but I don't want to wait forever for them to fix it if I can do something easy. OH. No pending Sync updates either.

-Nick
2021 Ford Expedition Max 4x4 Stealth Edition

OP
OP
NickInTheValley
Reaction score
One other odd piece of info. I just looked at speaker balance/fade and it's stuck at front right. If I move it, it moves itself back.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The other day the audio system quit producing any kind of sound. It turns on and off. I can hit the mute button and see the visual cue that it's muted. However when I turn the volume knob or use the volume controls on the steering wheel nothing happens. I don't even get an indication on the head unit that I am adjusting the volume. I checked the fuses and every appears fine.

Anyone run in to this? Next stop is the dealer I guess but I don't want to wait forever for them to fix it if I can do something easy. OH. No pending Sync updates either.

-Nick

Do you have the B&O system? If so, there is an external amp. Check the fuse for that. Or, it could have failed.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP
OP
NickInTheValley
Reaction score
Do you have the B&O system? If so, there is an external amp. Check the fuse for that. Or, it could have failed.
Yeah. Checked the fuses for both amps, ACM, etc. All of them. Pulled and replaced. Will do the reset you suggested. Thanks.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The amp may have failed then. Take it in. Warranty will cover it.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score

-Nick
Check the fuse and do a reset. If that doesn't work then take it in to a dealer for warranty work. That's what warranty work is there for.

HazBeen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Special Service Message 50739 - 2020-2021 Various Vehicles - Audio Inoperative - No Sound From Audio Speakers - No Communication With ACM Or DSP - DTC U1084, U0237 And/Or U0238 - Effective May 3 2022

Some 2020-2021 Escape vehicles and 2021 F-150 / Mustang Mach-E / Expedition / Explorer vehicles built on or before 22-Nov-2021 may exhibit a concern of the audio inoperative, no sound from audio speakers, chimes default to coming through the Instrument cluster, no communication with audio control module (ACM) or digital signal processor (DSP) module, and/or DTC U1084, U0237 and/or U0238. This may be due to the software in the DSP. To correct this condition, perform a hard reset of the DSP by disconnecting the 12-volt battery. Reprogram the DSP module using the latest version of the appropriate Ford diagnostic scan tool. For claiming, use causal part 18B849 and any applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.