Non high output tune question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jarf11106

Reaction score
So my wife and I are looking to get a 2022 expedition but want either a king ranch or the platinum. I of course want the stealth performance because of the better power. So my question is could a dealership flash the ecu on a non high output to make it high output? Are there any other engine parts that make it high output? Or is it just the tune? And I know this would probably void the warranty but still a thought.

blackedoutlimited

Reaction score
So my wife and I are looking to get a 2022 expedition but want either a king ranch or the platinum. I of course want the stealth performance because of the better power. So my question is could a dealership flash the ecu on a non high output to make it high output? Are there any other engine parts that make it high output? Or is it just the tune? And I know this would probably void the warranty but still a thought.
The HO is the raptor engine. Different pistons, timing chain, timing chain guides, front engine cover, and theres a stiffener added to the bottom of the block just name a few. Turbos are also bigger in HO.
Exhaust manifolds are cast stainless on HO vs cast iron on the standard. The Standard 3.5 has 10.5 compression and the HO is 10.0 lots of little differences.
I had both engines side by side and studied a lot. Transmission cooling is also completely different on the HO.

Just to name a few things I’ve found. You’re better off buying a regular 3.5 and wait until a company tunes them and then get a $75 tune and have way more power than a HO.

OP
OP
Jarf11106

Jarf11106

Reaction score
The HO is the raptor engine. Different pistons, timing chain, timing chain guides, front engine cover, and theres a stiffener added to the bottom of the block just name a few. Turbos are also bigger in HO.
Exhaust manifolds are cast stainless on HO vs cast iron on the standard. The Standard 3.5 has 10.5 compression and the HO is 10.0 lots of little differences.
I had both engines side by side and studied a lot. Transmission cooling is also completely different on the HO.

Just to name a few things I’ve found. You’re better off buying a regular 3.5 and wait until a company tunes them and then get a $75 tune and have way more power than a HO.

maxxplatinum9137

Reaction score
I agree with above post, @Jarf11106. Opt for the regular 3.5L and grab a tuner and a 93 performance tune. You’ll be even higher hp and torque numbers than HO engine and it’ll be way cheaper. Tunes are safe, I’ve had 3 fords now since 2016 and they e all done extremely well with no powertrain issues in all the miles they’ve been tuned