Normal coolant temps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travis Jennings

Reaction score
Im a newbie to this forum cause im a new 2020 xlt 4x4 owner. And was wondering what your temps are running at? Mine is running between 200- 212 deg and trans temps running about 196 or so. Seems high to me. I see the temps cause i did the forscan gage mod.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im a newbie to this forum cause im a new 2020 xlt 4x4 owner. And was wondering what your temps are running at? Mine is running between 200- 212 deg and trans temps running about 196 or so. Seems high to me. I see the temps cause i did the forscan gage mod.
Those temperatures seem pretty normal for non-towing.

Trey Salsbury

Reaction score
How do you get the the engine temp to read out exact temps? mine just shows a bar graph.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did it with forscan. BCM human readable (non-HEX 0x) its one of the options there. When I did the IPC hex mod I had a trailer brake controller error put up (I don't have a brake ctrl), I then used forscan under the BCM human readable module to disable the brake controller. This is also where I found a way to make this mod w/o using the hex version.

DEFCF28B-84B7-4AE4-B10C-DCAC52645D95.jpeg

09FC4E7D-8B69-488F-A968-08FE360E6747.jpeg

IPC enable digital temps expy forscan.png
^stock value b4 mod^

Last edited:

8131full

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did it with forscan. BCM human readable (non-HEX 0x) its one of the options there. When I did the IPC hex mod I had a trailer brake controller error put up (I don't have a brake ctrl), I then used forscan under the BCM human readable module to disable the brake controller. This is also where I found a way to make this mod w/o using the hex version.

View attachment 38698

View attachment 38699

View attachment 38700
^stock value b4 mod^
more importantly, how are you getting 521 miles?!?!

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
more importantly, how are you getting 521 miles?!?!
:rofl: I wish right! That comes from doing the mod to show the temps. I guess it throws off the estimated miles to empty. By your next full up your mileage will return to what it should be. I currently get 390s-410 on that screen post fill up. I have the 27 gallon tank

8131full

Full Access Members
Reaction score
:rofl: I wish right! That comes from doing the mod to show the temps. I guess it throws off the estimated miles to empty. By your next full up your mileage will return to what it should be. I currently get 390s-410 on that screen post fill up. I have the 27 gallon tank
Ah, that makes sense. Yeah, i'm getting 400 too. Amazing what happens to mileage though if you keep it around 60mph. I saw 475 average per tank when driving on back roads last summer where speeds were limited.