November EOTM: DIY Projects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As the title says, this month's EOTM contest will be your best DIY projects. DIY...Do-It-Yourself, not paid to have it done. If you retrofitted your own headlights or build your own subwoofer enclosure...as long as it was done by you!!! If you had help, couple extra hands...YOURE GOOD!!!

Submit your work and as usual the rules of the EOTM (Expedition of the Month) are found here...http://www.expeditionforum.com/f81/eotm-rules-*please-read-before-posting*-13162/

//SIGNED//
FREEWAY

reefkrazy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
tn_zpsd044b772.jpg

Because of the 3" body lift, I had to recess the bar brackets into my bumper. Doing so made the push bar look normal height. Angle grinder and sparks everywhere :)

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Lane24's November entry

Don't usually take pics of me doing work on the truck, but I definatley took pics of my beautiful wife Plastidipping the trim... Counts right?

IMG_0748a_zps6b03f277.jpg

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FordandPolaris's November Submission

026.png

Changing out my rear control arms. They were being stubborn so we resorted to more exciting measures...

CR_Magruder

Reaction score
CR_Magruder, Nov 2013 EOTM

I swapped out the 5.4L gas-sucker in my 2003 EB for a 1980s era Cummins 4BT diesel-burner and manual trans. Did all the fab work, wiring, planning, and plumbing myself. I traded lunches for some machining.

Take out the 5.4L:

Insert 4BT:

Add clean air, fuel, cooling water, intercooler, wiring, solve some "gee, I didn't think of that one" problems, and we're done:

I have about 30,000 miles on the swap now. Still working fine and it is a hoot to drive.

CR

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will get with Freeway

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk