oem brake controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shawn Losey

Reaction score
I put a oem brake controller and 7 wire plug in on my 2015 expedition el xlt took it to the dealer to program and it didn't work they said it didn't take the program anyone else have this problem?

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do it yourself with Forscan. Will cost you $25 for the ODBII connection to the laptop.
Instructions are in the 3rd Gen ForScan thread, many have done it.

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I successfully enabled the OEM brake controller tonight using forscan. I bought ($30) the above ODB2 ELM Tool from Amazon and it showed up today. It was in a bag with card that had the url to get the drivers. I downloaded the vcp drivers and installed them on a laptop. I also downloaded and licensed forscan (free).

I referened the following spreadsheets for the codes needed.

F150 sheet. (had the code for the trailer break module)
2015 Expedition sheet (does not mention the trailer brake module)

Looks like the ones you want to change are

Trailer Brake Control Module enabled IPC 720-07-01 xxxx x*xx xxxx if your as-built is 0, use 8. if your as-built is 6, use E
Trailer Brake Controller Gain Setting enabled IPC 720-04-01 xx4x xxxx xxxx

I did this and sure enough, pressing the module now puts the gain +/- up on the dash. I also have the option for electronic/surge or electronic/hydrolic on the trailer options.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cfarnAK