OEM Raptor Wheels and Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MATT0404

Reaction score
I picked up a set of Raptor take-offs today. While my ReadyLift 3/2" is in the mail, I couldn't resist the urge to test fit them with the stock suspension.

To my surprise, they fit pretty well all around. The front tires rub the inner fender liner but only at full lock. The rear passenger side made contact with the fender liner as soon as I bolted it up. Nothing a little ingenuity couldn't solve (see below). The driver's side rear didn't rub at all. The 17" wheels clear the calipers and lower ball joint just fine. Tires fully clear the upper control arms.

Once the lift is installed I expect all rubbing issues to be resolved. I didn't (and won't) be testing OEM suspension articulation with these installed. I'd guess it would reveal other rubbing issues, but for day-to-day driving on paved roads, there's really no clearance issues as long as you avoid full steering lock.

I'm loving the look and can't wait to lift it! Unfortunately, while my lift will be delivered tomorrow, I'm traveling for business next week. So I won't get around to installing the lift for another week or two.

DSCF4941.jpg

DSCF4939.jpg

DSCF4942.jpg

DSCF4943.jpg

DSCF4944.jpg

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks good.
Going to modify the center cap or grind down the axle shafts in the rear?

OP
OP
MATT0404

MATT0404

Reaction score
Looks good.
Going to modify the center cap or grind down the axle shafts in the rear?
Yes, forgot to mention that in the OP. As expected, the rear center caps won't clear the axel shafts. I'm not sure which approach I'll take yet. Leaning towards modifying the center caps.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I picked up a set of Raptor take-offs today. While my ReadyLift 3/2" is in the mail, I couldn't resist the urge to test fit them with the stock suspension.

To my surprise, they fit pretty well all around. The front tires rub the inner fender liner but only at full lock. The rear passenger side made contact with the fender liner as soon as I bolted it up. Nothing a little ingenuity couldn't solve (see below). The driver's side rear didn't rub at all. The 17" wheels clear the calipers and lower ball joint just fine. Tires fully clear the upper control arms.

Once the lift is installed I expect all rubbing issues to be resolved. I didn't (and won't) be testing OEM suspension articulation with these installed. I'd guess it would reveal other rubbing issues, but for day-to-day driving on paved roads, there's really no clearance issues as long as you avoid full steering lock.

I'm loving the look and can't wait to lift it! Unfortunately, while my lift will be delivered tomorrow, I'm traveling for business next week. So I won't get around to installing the lift for another week or two.

View attachment 29961

View attachment 29962

View attachment 29963

View attachment 29964

View attachment 29965
I guarantee you’ll have rubbing issues with the lift bc the spacers change the geometry in that they will pull all four tires farther into the wheel wells. It’s a well documented issue. Happened on my 16, that’s why I put spacers in to push them out or you’ll look like a guy who skips leg day at the gym. Funny how your $60k+ truck is being modified with $2 zip ties...

OP
OP
MATT0404

MATT0404

Reaction score
I guarantee you’ll have rubbing issues with the lift bc the spacers change the geometry in that they will pull all four tires farther into the wheel wells. It’s a well documented issue. Happened on my 16, that’s why I put spacers in to push them out or you’ll look like a guy who skips leg day at the gym. Funny how your $60k+ truck is being modified with $2 zip ties...
Understood. ReadyLift says 285/75/18 will fit. With the tires being 30mm wider and the Raptor wheels being +34 offset the net difference should be 5mm on the inside. Sounds like 1/4" spacers should be an easy fix.

Zip ties were only 56¢. No shame here, my friend. :D

julijn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
has anyone els done raptor wheels on the new expy? looks great like I said in the FB page post pics when you r done with the lift.. cant decide on wheels yet and very well may go with these and powdercoat them black.

OP
OP
MATT0404

MATT0404

Reaction score
has anyone els done raptor wheels on the new expy? looks great like I said in the FB page post pics when you r done with the lift.. cant decide on wheels yet and very well may go with these and powdercoat them black.
I haven't seen any other 4th gens with Raptor wheels. Not to say they're not out there, just haven't seen any others with pics online.

My ReadyLift 3/2 arrived today. Being Mother's Day and all, I figured I shouldn't spend all day in the garage wrenching, so it'll have to wait.

Last edited:

julijn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I haven't seen any other 4th gens with Raptor wheels. Not to say they're not out there, just haven't seen any others with pics online.

My ReadyLift 3/2 arrived today. Being Mother's Day and all, I figured I shouldn't spend all day in the garage wrenching, so it'll have to wait.
I talked to the dealer here on Friday and they told me that they have done 2 expeditions with the raptor wheels. So they told me to look into it....they said they got them on without lifts.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I talked to the dealer here on Friday and they told me that they have done 2 expeditions with the raptor wheels. So they told me to look into it....they said they got them on without lifts.

Maybe Raptors wheels but certainly not Raptor 34” tires.