OEM Rear Seat Entertainment Dealer Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt23

Reaction score
I am new to the forum and just purchased a 2018 Expedition Platinum. In my negotiation I included having the dealer install the factory Voxx Hirschmann RSE. I picked up my vehicle and noticed that the headrests were incorrect and they actually installed an Advent system. The dealer stated that the aftermarket DVD headrests haven't been released yet so they couldn't install them. Has anyone sourced the 2018 RSE solution through parts or is the dealer just trying to make some margin on me? Thanks

Mothnuts

Reaction score
When we first started looking at Expeditions we wanted the RSE, and were only looking at ones that had it. The dealer told us not to worry about it, as the factory RSE was an easy add. We ended up ordering so it was a mute point, but their story doesn’t support the story you are hearing. I don’t have any facts to back it up tho.

JPerry

Reaction score
I know this topic is a couple months old but I was in the same situation figuring I could get them added. It turns out that Ford will not sell the OEM parts needed to add these to a non factory equipped vehicle. I had the parts guy call ford as he could not find any part numbers in his system and that was their response.

Flexpy19

Reaction score
Yes, when I was looking there was an Expy with everything but the RSE and the dealer indicated they could add it. Fortunately I waited for the car with the RSE, because it seems that you can't actually add it later. Not sure why the salespeople have not been briefed on this.

Michael Su

Reaction score
I am new to the forum and just purchased a 2018 Expedition Platinum. In my negotiation I included having the dealer install the factory Voxx Hirschmann RSE. I picked up my vehicle and noticed that the headrests were incorrect and they actually installed an Advent system. The dealer stated that the aftermarket DVD headrests haven't been released yet so they couldn't install them. Has anyone sourced the 2018 RSE solution through parts or is the dealer just trying to make some margin on me? Thanks
How do you like the Advent though? I might be doing the same. How much was this add on if you don't mind me asking.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The RSE has a lot of limitations, read some of the previous topics on it.......

RhinoQuartz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, when I was looking there was an Expy with everything but the RSE and the dealer indicated they could add it. Fortunately I waited for the car with the RSE, because it seems that you can't actually add it later. Not sure why the salespeople have not been briefed on this.

Salespeople are sales, not knowledge.