Oil change where is the bolt to drain?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boose

2017 Platinum EL
Reaction score
So.. minutes after getting your oil changed, you have an oil light on and figure 'that can't be right'. I will just blast the music anyway? Are you a Re-Re? You are officially not allowed to post on anymore 'oil change' threads.

he was 19 at the time...

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So.. minutes after getting your oil changed, you have an oil light on and figure 'that can't be right'. I will just blast the music anyway? Are you a Re-Re? You are officially not allowed to post on anymore 'oil change' threads.
And if plug was left out by them, how the hell did they ever get the required 5 qts or so in? Plus they always drive vehicles out, so surely the highly trained insured mechanic would of seen the oil light, and or noticed the trail of oil.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Oh no, the most frequently wrong and flat out bad advice providing member on the forum has told me I'm banned :yourself:

Again you have proven in yet another post that you are too stupid to follow the actual point and just harp on details that suit your confused little mind. Are you so stupid that you cannot understand the time frame of 15 years ago? that was rhetorical dummy, don't answer... To help you again, the point was there are good reasons for having a service performed by someone else, mostly that they are responsible for their mistakes.

Why don't you go back to 1st gen forum and talk about a vehicle you actually own, instead of trolling the 3rd gen?

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And if plug was left out by them, how the hell did they ever get the required 5 qts or so in? Plus they always drive vehicles out, so surely the highly trained insured mechanic would of seen the oil light, and or noticed the trail of oil.

i can't tell you these answers but I can tell you they replaced the engine on my 1993 Nissan Maxima in Tallahassee, FL in 2002/2003 because they didn't put the plug back in. And in 1993 vehicles did not have the wealth of sensors and alarms that these vehicles do now. Hell, my 2006 expy barely tells you anything it just says something is wrong and when you drive a hoopty in college there are lights on all the time and something is always wrong.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd consider yourself very lucky, that a large corporation stood behind their mistake and replaced your engine. Most people would be up to their elbows in a lawsuit trying to prove it, and spend more in legal fees.

I personally dont see the issue with someone asking where the drain bolt location is. I've been changing my own oil since I was 16 yrs. old. Not saying I know where every drain plug and oil filter are located, but I have never drove off with the drain plug on the ground along with 5 fresh qts of oil!

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Oh man, give me a break.
i can't tell you these answers but I can tell you they replaced the engine on my 1993 Nissan Maxima in Tallahassee, FL in 2002/2003 because they didn't put the plug back in. And in 1993 vehicles did not have the wealth of sensors and alarms that these vehicles do now. Hell, my 2006 expy barely tells you anything it just says something is wrong and when you drive a hoopty in college there are lights on all the time and something is always wrong.
OIL LIGHT ON = BAD. They have been on cars since the 1930's. I am embarrassed for you. Must be a Florida thing...

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh man, give me a break.

OIL LIGHT ON = BAD. They have been on cars since the 1930's. I am embarrassed for you. Must be a Florida thing...

still missing the point of that story, where I never said I did everything right or they did everything wrong...you really are dumb as a box of rocks, be embarrassed for yourself

I'd consider yourself very lucky, that a large corporation stood behind their mistake and replaced your engine. Most people would be up to their elbows in a lawsuit trying to prove it, and spend more in legal fees.

I personally dont see the issue with someone asking where the drain bolt location is. I've been changing my own oil since I was 16 yrs. old. Not saying I know where every drain plug and oil filter are located, but I have never drove off with the drain plug on the ground along with 5 fresh qts of oil!

I had an attorney because my college gave free legal aid to students, so that helped. I work as in-house counsel now, and I can tell you most major companies wouldn't force that situation to a lawsuit. They would have spent double or triple fighting it and I would roam the earth telling everyone they're a POS. It was prob cheaper and def a better overall business decision to just pay for it; whether it goes to their lawyer or their customer it gets written off the same way on the books. 15 years later, I have zero hard-feelings about it, still occasionally go to Jiffy Lube when they're running a good special, and I'm defending them on a internet forum even though they ****** my car up; so in 20/20 hindsight it was a good decision by them.

But again, the point is no one is mistake proof and if you'e not sure what your doing maybe you should put that risk into a place where there is someone else who can be held liable for it.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We have fleet service for our work vehicles, and I always take it to Jiffy Lube.

I'd like to check out the Valvoline oil change shops. They advertise 2 camera screens for you to view, while you wait in your car! 1 screen under to hood, the 2nd under the car.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
still missing the point of that story, where I never said I did everything right or they did everything wrong...you really are dumb as a box of rocks, be embarrassed for yourself

I had an attorney because my college gave free legal aid to students, so that helped. I work as in-house counsel now, and I can tell you most major companies wouldn't force that situation to a lawsuit. They would have spent double or triple fighting it and I would roam the earth telling everyone they're a POS. It was prob cheaper and def a better overall business decision to just pay for it; whether it goes to their lawyer or their customer it gets written off the same way on the books. 15 years later, I have zero hard-feelings about it, still occasionally go to Jiffy Lube when they're running a good special, and I'm defending them on a internet forum even though they ****** my car up; so in 20/20 hindsight it was a good decision by them.

But again, the point is no one is mistake proof and if you'e not sure what your doing maybe you should put that risk into a place where there is someone else who can be held liable for it.
I'm dumb? WOW, never had an engine failure and been driving since 1986. I get your point. If you pay someone and you or they are an idiot, you can get a free engine. If you do it yourself, you don't. I may of wandered off topic, but had to call you out on that one. Cheers.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Holy cow! They drained the brake fluid? If you had an under the hood snapshot, of beforehand, you'd own Meineke right now. That's scary.

When she came home from Meineke the first thing I did was check the brake fluid. I had just topped it off a hair 1-2 weeks before, so it was immediately obvious that a ton of it had disappeared. They were the only ones to work on the car, but it didn't click right away what they had done. I didn't have time to go hunting, so I took it to one of the trusted mechanics we use. He spent a 1/2 hour and said it wasn't leaking a drop anywhere. He filled it back up and right he was - weeks later and the level hadn't moved at all. S**t like this is probably why that Meineke location has had an ongoing Groupon for the last 3 years.