Oil Level Gauge on 2019 Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joey Smith

Reaction score
Today while driving I noticed my oil level gauge would momentarily dip to low and then return back to the middle.

I have not been driving much during this time and got an oil change around March timeframe and have driven only about 1000 miles since then.

I checked the oil and there is plenty so I am not sure what this means.

Right now the gauge is back to the middle again.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert McMillan

17plati
Reaction score
Today while driving I noticed my oil level gauge would momentarily dip to low and then return back to the middle.

I have not been driving much during this time and got an oil change around March timeframe and have driven only about 1000 miles since then.

I checked the oil and there is plenty so I am not sure what this means.

Right now the gauge is back to the middle again.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oil level or oil temperature? Pretty sure if it’s the one on the cluster that’s oil temp

Robert McMillan

17plati
Reaction score
I would try catching that on camera and taking it to dealer to fix. Possibly and oil pressure sensor malfunctioning

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The one on the far left of the top set is oil pressure.

If you are having pressure issues, you should definitely get it looked at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Robert McMillan

17plati
Reaction score
The one on the far left of the top set is oil pressure.

If you having pressure issues, you should definitely get it looked at.

Same thing, yeah apparently the Oil pressure sensors behind the alternator have been having issues, especially on f150s. Should definitely get it checked though

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The oil pressure gauge drops to zero when the auto start-stop system shuts the engine off at a stop. It jumps back to normal when the engine restarts. Could that be what you’re seeing?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The oil pressure gauge drops to zero when the auto start-stop system shuts the engine off at a stop. It jumps back to normal when the engine restarts. Could that be what you’re seeing?

Nope! Oil pressure gauge does not drop to Zero/Low when Auto Start/Stop turns the motor off. That would cause unnecessary panic. People would think something is broke. It holds at what ever position it was when it shut the motor off.

If you were looking at the actual pressure on something like FORSCAN or VCM(HPTuners), yes you would see the pressure drop, but the factory digital gauge does not move.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope! Oil pressure gauge does not drop to Zero/Low when Auto Start/Stop turns the motor off. That would cause unnecessary panic. People would think something is broke. It holds at what ever position it was when it shut the motor off.

If you were looking at the actual pressure on something like FORSCAN or VCM(HPTuners), yes you would see the pressure drop, but the factory digital gauge does not move.

Yes, this is a much better (and more complete) way to say what I did. If you’re in a vehicle with analog gauges (like an XL F150) it will drop on ASS, but the digi gauge doesn’t.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357