Oil Level Gauge on 2019 Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert McMillan

17plati
Reaction score
You realize this is the 4th Gen area right? You don’t have AS/S. You don’t have the Digital gauges. Owned a 2017 up until April...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a readout that shows me “low” “ok” or “high” for oil pressure as well as the ability to see the actual number of the oil pressure built into my custom configuration file on my tuning device. Best of both worlds. In addition, I know that I don’t have ASS, would never want to deal with that mess, and I honestly don’t care if this is the 4th gen side or not. Show me forum rule that specifically states “if you own a 3rd gen you may not post on any other generations threads”

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a readout that shows me “low” “ok” or “high” for oil pressure as well as the ability to see the actual number of the oil pressure built into my custom configuration file on my tuning device. Best of both worlds. In addition, I know that I don’t have ASS, would never want to deal with that mess, and I honestly don’t care if this is the 4th gen side or not. Show me forum rule that specifically states “if you own a 3rd gen you may not post on any other generations threads”

Never said you couldn’t post. The way you were posting I thought you owned a 4th Gen. Just was clarifying. You were acting like you were speaking from experience on the 4th Gen.

I assume you are either using an NGuage or SCT Tuner of some sort for the gauges.

We were discussing the AS/S and how it could cause this issue. You don’t have AS/S or the built in gauge...so yeah. I owned a 2017 for 3 years, and a 2015 before that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

scotthere

Reaction score
I'm old school, leave it run if it going to be just a minute or 2. Heat removal is the point here not lubrication and my thinking cooling and not cooling the turbos and valve guides over an over is not a recipe for longevity. The environment does not trump my wallet. I leave mine run 1-2 minutes in park at idle to cool it down before parking after a long drive also. I'm a team player though so I'll test my 19 and get back to you.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Driving home from the Ford service dept. today (returned to stock tune prior) when ASS engaged at a red light for more then 3 seconds my oil pressure gauge dropped to 0/empty. I have a 04/19 build 4WD XLT w/ 202A .

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Alright, so to really make things weird...mine did it last night. Didn't do it the day before, but did it last night. More than once.

Last night was a short drive, the day before was highway, then some stop and go, and it did not drop then. Hyper sensitive to it now.

@aggiegrad05 Curious what your does now on a short drive.

@Squark Look what you started...

Craigga542

Reaction score
Alright, so to really make things weird...mine did it last night. Didn't do it the day before, but did it last night. More than once.

Last night was a short drive, the day before was highway, then some stop and go, and it did not drop then. Hyper sensitive to it now.

@aggiegrad05 Curious what your does now on a short drive.

@Squark Look what you started...

How long were you stopped and waiting each time? I’ve been aware since day one, caught my eye but knew it was “normal”. I’ve noticed that the time to drop varies for me. Sometimes it’s immediate and sometimes it takes more than a few seconds

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How long were you stopped and waiting each time? I’ve been aware since day one, caught my eye but knew it was “normal”. I’ve noticed that the time to drop varies for me. Sometimes it’s immediate and sometimes it takes more than a few seconds

That might be the difference. Shorter runs, maybe it drops quicker? A few seconds last night, and it dropped. The other day after a long run on the highway, it did not drop the whole time at multiple lights, but the Motor had shut off. Easily 15-20 seconds, maybe longer depending on when I caught the light.

Craigga542

Reaction score
Well, proves my theory incorrect. It’s never taken mine 20 seconds, though the time does vary from immediate to maybe 10 seconds