OK- I hate to do this. But I gotta get better headlights in my 2009 EXP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phoenix1125

Reaction score
I bought led bulbs with built in fans and they're waaaay better than stock. You don't need new lenses to see a big improvement. Save your money, just change bulbs.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry for the late response. No I didn't go with the relay harness and they work fine. If I was going 50W I would use the relay.

If you dont do much driving you might not notice..... but without relay harness and capacitors, one (regularly) or very rarely both your HIDs can fail to come on.

limitedex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd like to see those turned on.

The low beam projectors illuminate like OEM (other Ford models, i.e. my 2013 F150). Brights are the separate bulb in the inside. I should have taken pics with them on. Stand by for edit.

IMG_3469.JPG IMG_3470.JPG

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
The low beam projectors illuminate like OEM (other Ford models, i.e. my 2013 F150). Brights are the separate bulb in the inside. I should have taken pics with them on. Stand by for edit.

View attachment 23516 View attachment 23517
Your way too close. Back up 25' so everyone can get a good idea of what you got going there. Output shots are useless if your closer that 25' from the wall/garage door

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK i guess there ARE some half-decent output and throw LED bulb solutions for a reflector too...

Not on my expy and sitting in the fog lamp position on my bimmer, but here's what 12,000 lumen bulbs throw like (could be kinda glare-ey up high in a truck though I guess?)

2018-01-26 00.48.00.jpg

Zdatt 12,000 lumen, $35ish off amazon. Come with two gimmicky-looking filter caps to change colors to 3000k and 8000k if you want

Sccritterkiller

Reaction score
Do they not make a LED plug and play replacement for expeditions? I got the JW speaker plug and play replacement for my Jeep and now my Expedition headlights are really bad...Looking for something similar for 2010 expedition...Are the spyder headlights the only option?

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Do they not make a LED plug and play replacement for expeditions? I got the JW speaker plug and play replacement for my Jeep and now my Expedition headlights are really bad...Looking for something similar for 2010 expedition...Are the spyder headlights the only option?
Theres a few manufacturers of cheap aftermarket headlights but the output on all of them is sub-par and won't touch a JW speaker. The best option in my opinion is a retrofit

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score

If you mean the circular jeep and harley lights, there's an F150 foglight assembly that fits 07-14 (Morimoto $200ish, JW Speaker $340, Liteway China $52)

But for headlight assemblies, nope only Anzo and Spyder and unbranded versions thereof (which it seems ARE the same item from the same plant, Anzo and Spyder just buy China or Taiwan and rebadge em)

Sccritterkiller

Reaction score
If you mean the circular jeep and harley lights, there's an F150 foglight assembly that fits 07-14 (Morimoto $200ish, JW Speaker $340, Liteway China $52)

But for headlight assemblies, nope only Anzo and Spyder and unbranded versions thereof (which it seems ARE the same item from the same plant, Anzo and Spyder just buy China or Taiwan and rebadge em)

Well that's disappointing...I have a YJ so it has the 5x7 square lights...8500 is the model # IIRC...was hoping they had something similar as I was wanting to go with a black back ground headlight..