OK- I hate to do this. But I gotta get better headlights in my 2009 EXP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK i guess there ARE some half-decent output and throw LED bulb solutions for a reflector too...

Not on my expy and sitting in the fog lamp position on my bimmer, but here's what 12,000 lumen bulbs throw like (could be kinda glare-ey up high in a truck though I guess?)

View attachment 23519

Zdatt 12,000 lumen, $35ish off amazon. Come with two gimmicky-looking filter caps to change colors to 3000k and 8000k if you want

Did you buy the limited skirt for the bottom of your truck? I see it’s all white

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well that's disappointing...I have a YJ so it has the 5x7 square lights...8500 is the model # IIRC...was hoping they had something similar as I was wanting to go with a black back ground headlight..

Spyder and Anzo make black chrome-less versions

Although for sheer light output bang per buck, the Liteway F150 fogs are in a class of their own

Probably the first and simplest step for more output out front (note: requires tiiiiiiny modification to your stock foglight housing, have to shave down a couple plastic elbows with a boxcutter or xacto knife)

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ah, I priced out the skirt some time ago it was around $3-$4,000 for the plastic alone. Probably better to dye the trim beige like the Eddie Bauer’s.

The whole truck cost $4600.... 22k miles ago

My paint sucks though. Dunno if it's Ford cheaping out on SSVs or somebody redid it, but orange peel everywhere...

Sccritterkiller

Reaction score
Spyder and Anzo make black chrome-less versions

Although for sheer light output bang per buck, the Liteway F150 fogs are in a class of their own

Probably the first and simplest step for more output out front (note: requires tiiiiiiny modification to your stock foglight housing, have to shave down a couple plastic elbows with a boxcutter or xacto knife)

People ask me all the time when am I am going to get more lights for the Jeep...honestly I don't need them..with the brights and my LED reverse lights just don't see the need for more not that the day may come I will need more..lol...was hoping to find something similar for my expy...I will look into the fog lights thanks!

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score