OK so my take on Fukken wax after just completing a detail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alright so I'm hot and sweaty and just got done detailing my ride. Sucked that I had to do it since I just had a pro detail done last week, but the rear camera and HU install really messed up the truck with all the dust and hand marks and what not so had no choice. I used my Fukken wax (not the wheel wax but the original and here's my findings...

- It does exactly what it says it does in terms of being a cleaner / wax all-in-one combo. I sprayed off the major crap before applying, but didn't use soap or a brush or sponge, and it came out nicely anyway.

- Easy to use. Quick spray-on, wait 10 seconds, wipe it to a haze, wait a minute or so and then wipe in circular motion to buff. Pretty much the same as any other wax-spray but it comes out nice and even.

- Doesn't appear to have much effect on dug-in bugs. I followed the instructions and applied extra wax and let it sit longer, and then applied solid pressure but I didn't see any difference when I was done in terms of getting those little buggers off.

- Decent on non-gloss painted surfaces, but didn't appear to restore black to the degree I was lead to expect. Gave it a decent look, but nothing extra-ordinarily special in that regard. I had found a few spots on my painted body trim which the detailer had missed, and once I saw the Fukken wasn't going to cut it I went across the street and bought some "back-to-black" and tried that, but to be fair that didn't do much either!

All in all the truck came out looking nice and glossy. I'm not sure Fukken wax is the golden bullet, but it's certainly a good product in terms of a quick, easy wax. Plus, it has a cool name, so I'll keep on buying (=

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i washed my vehicles and they look clean...i washed my wife's car before the wreck and it had the shine that brand new cars have...her car was black...it was SHINING!!! so i did the same with Soulja-1...wash...***'d it....BLING BLING!!!! then used mother chrome polish on the rims!!! no one was shining like i was shining...other guys sitting on chrome was like DAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG....YOU SHINING!!!

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for the review, now.........where's the PICS!?!!

OP
OP
NewbieVet

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just gave my truck another going-over (grime from the K&N install) and I think I did a Fukken good job!!! See how she shines! :drool2:

Attachments

• photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 515
  • photo(4).jpg
    photo(4).jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 417
  • photo(8).jpg
    photo(8).jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 410
  • photo(6).jpg
    photo(6).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 374
  • photo(5).jpg
    photo(5).jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 381
OP
OP
NewbieVet

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I've done two wax jobs on my truck, and have pretty much blown through my first can of Fukken. Question is, can I use the other can I have "labeled wheel fukken" as regular wax? I think i saw the vendor say I could, but want to make 100 sure as I'm planning on a cleaning / wax today.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graphite-INDITE