One low beam intermittent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

booksix

Reaction score
I've done some searching on this topic but haven't quite found what I need yet (plus I have a short time period to fix before a long trip, so I figured I may as well post something up):

My drivers side low beam comes in and out (mostly out all the time now but I've had them come and go for extended periods in the last couple weeks). High beams are fine. I Here's what I know:

- Fuses are good (not that I expected a fuse to be intermittent )
- Manual vs Autolamp results in same behavior
- Bulbs are known good (and swapping Left to Right and Right to Left does nothing)
- Every once and a while I saw the tiniest, shortest flash of light when plugging the DS bulb back in after having it out for a bit
- Ground pins on both sides test the same to battery
- Low beam pin on bad side shows about +8v to bulb (vs. +12v on the good side), but bulb is completely off. Also, these results are the same when checked with bulbs in and out on each side

Not sure how this all plays out with the SJB and all that. Surprised I get no illumination with 8v but obviously it would need to be fixed even if the bulb did light at that lower voltage. Any thoughts on best approach to test from here?