Ordered an intercooler!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
**UPDATE**

After some cutting and re-cutting, the new intercooler is in. At first I cut the factory box to line up with the amount I observed removed in the snap off version of the 2019 F150 video install.

Any CEL because of removing the AGS? Typically on others where I have messed with the AGS I’ve left the Motors in place and removed the shutters. Or zip tied the Motor in place. Of course a tune can remove it from existence also, so it does not need to remain connected. Most tuners cutoff or seriously modify AGS settings anyway...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Hellcat uses the cars air conditioner, and not for cool down.

And again, you have things confused.

Dodge has 2 different systems.

SRT Power Chiller - Uses AC to cool Charge Air(What an upgraded IC is doing)

After-Run Cooler(What @AKentPhoto was referring to) - Runs the radiator fans and SC coolant pump after the car is shut off to minimize heat soak, and bring temps down.

Love using your own examples against you...to help prove our point. Thanks. This is fun.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
And again, you have things confused.

Dodge has 2 different systems.

SRT Power Chiller - Uses AC to cool Charge Air(What an upgraded IC is doing)

After-Run Cooler(What @AKentPhoto was referring to) - Runs the radiator fans and SC coolant pump after the car is shut off to minimize heat soak, and bring temps down.

Love using your own examples against you...to help prove our point. Thanks. This is fun.

Glad you can 'fact check'. You probably had no idea about the Dodge AC system, until you googled it. Way to go. It's not the same as an intercooler.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Glad you can 'fact check'. You probably had no idea about the Dodge AC system, until you googled it. Way to go. It's not the same as an intercooler.

Dude, you are dense.

I had heard of it before you posted. Have 2 friends that regularly Track their Hellcats. Regardless, you were WRONG. You come on here and keep using the Dodge’s as an example of something better. You did it on the catch can thread, and I corrected you there when I pointed out that some of the Hellcats come with a Catch Can from the factory.

The principal of the SRT Power Chiller is the same. It is cooling the air more before in enters the Charger. It runs the Liquid from the liquid to air charge air cooler through the AC compressor, and cools it even more. The same thing an IC is doing in the EB motor. Upgrading the IC improves this exchange, and cools the air more. The goal is cooler air, period.

Please keep going. There is a new Catch Can thread you can go Troll too if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Dude, you are dense.

I had heard of it before you posted. Have 2 friends that regularly Track their Hellcats. Regardless, you were WRONG. You come on here and keep using the Dodge’s as an example of something better. You did it on the catch can thread, and I corrected you there when I pointed out that some of the Hellcats come with a Catch Can from the factory.

The principal of the SRT Power Chiller is the same. It is cooling the air more before in enters the Charger. It runs the Liquid from the liquid to air charge air cooler through the AC compressor, and cools it even more. The same thing an IC is doing in the EB motor. Upgrading the IC improves this exchange, and cools the air more. The goal is cooler air, period.

Please keep going. There is a new Catch Can thread you can go Troll too if you want.

Sooo... I noticed in your floor mat thread, you drive a Explorer, not an Expedition. Weren't you ******** about hijacking this forum? In my book, the wife's car is the wife's car. Oh by the way the HELLCAT SRT is a high performance track 717hp car. You can't compare it to a Ford Expedition SUV. Apples and Oranges.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sooo... I noticed in your floor mat thread, you drive a Explorer, not an Expedition. Weren't you ******** about hijacking this forum? In my book, the wife's car is the wife's car. Oh by the way the HELLCAT SRT is a high performance track 717hp car. You can't compare it to a Ford Expedition SUV. Apples and Oranges.

HaHaHaHa, The man who has NO EB in his driveway trying to call me out. That is hilarious[emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji1787]!!

The Expedition has my name on the Registration, I have put 1300 of the 1600 Miles on the Odometer in the Drivers seat. It is our family vehicle. Any family or long trip I drive. I put 30K+ of the 44K on our 17.

The Explorer ST is my daily and my fun toy! Oh, and still an EB. I even said earlier in this thread I drive an Explorer. It has been mentioned before. No hiding it. 3.75 0-60 on E50 Tune, everything else stock...it is REALLY fun!

Please keep trying! This is fun!!!

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
HaHaHaHa, The man who has NO EB in his driveway trying to call me out. That is hilarious[emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji1787]!!

The Expedition has my name on the Registration, I have put 1300 of the 1600 Miles on the Odometer in the Drivers seat. It is our family vehicle. Any family or long trip I drive. I put 30K+ of the 44K on our 17.

The Explorer ST is my daily and my fun toy! Oh, and still an EB. I even said earlier in this thread I drive an Explorer. It has been mentioned before. No hiding it. 3.75 0-60 on E50 Tune, everything else stock...it is REALLY fun!

Please keep trying! This is fun!!!

ugh...yeah right...sure, what ever

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@302Xplorer
Can the shutters be removed without cutting or do you have to cut them out? I too am curious how pissy the computer gets if it can't see that it's there.

Is the primary function of the shutters to block wind coming through the bumper for mileage/wind coefficient? I can't imagine a situation where that tiny factory ic is working too well... Especially to the point Ford had to come up with this automated shutter system.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@302Xplorer
Can the shutters be removed without cutting or do you have to cut them out? I too am curious how pissy the computer gets if it can't see that it's there.

Is the primary function of the shutters to block wind coming through the bumper for mileage/wind coefficient? I can't imagine a situation where that tiny factory ic is working too well... Especially to the point Ford had to come up with this automated shutter system.

The shutters are there for MPG. Highway in cooler weather they are closed.

Most tuners it is the first thing they turn off.