Ordering 2023 Limited, get CCD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diesel26

Reaction score
I am ordering a 2023 Limited Stealth (no PP) and wondering if I should get the CCD suspension? I am coming from a 2018 GMC Sierra. I don’t want floaty suspension but also don’t want my family to be thrown around on road trips. Also worried about replacing dampers early with all the work and electronics in them. Can anyone advise or give me there own experiences with CCD from 2018 Truck. Thanks,

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get ccd, and if need be, put it in sport mode. 22s on regular suspension isn't the most comfortable, and ccd on the 22s is luxury level smooth. I believe the stealth ccd is sport tuned, so it'll be a bit firmer than the regular.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am ordering a 2023 Limited Stealth (no PP) and wondering if I should get the CCD suspension? I am coming from a 2018 GMC Sierra. I don’t want floaty suspension but also don’t want my family to be thrown around on road trips. Also worried about replacing dampers early with all the work and electronics in them. Can anyone advise or give me there own experiences with CCD from 2018 Truck. Thanks,
Go CCD. No CCD are still good, but compared to CCD it is day and night. May I ask why you aren't getting the Performance Stealth?

OP
OP
D

Diesel26

Reaction score
I am not getting SPP because don’t need the extra 40 HP for the MPG you loose and the extra $5K just puts it out of price range for just 40HP. And don’t need 22 speakers over 12. Nothing wrong with SPP just not worth the price to me personally. If price wasn’t an issue then I totally would go SPP

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also, the pre refresh 4th gens are notorious for eating shocks without the ccd. Most users without ccd replace them. Not many if anyone I've seen on here had shocks go bad with ccd equipped.

DRW315

Reaction score
Picked up my '22 SPP this week and I wish I had added the CCD. It just wasn't on my radar when ordering.

The ride is still comfortable, but not as nice as my '19 F150 (that didn't have CCD.)

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Having been in 2015 Silverado, even the base suspension on the expy will be better. The truck will feel smoother at first, but those trucks deteriorate at any badly paved road. I will say though, my 09 nav on air springs was better at isolation on bad roads than my 18 expy without ccd. The expy was better overall though.

Last edited:

Tyra

Reaction score
Picked up my '22 SPP this week and I wish I had added the CCD. It just wasn't on my radar when ordering.

The ride is still comfortable, but not as nice as my '19 F150 (that didn't have CCD.)
I feel the same way. I didn’t really know what it was so figured I didn’t need it. Went on a 4 hour trip this weekend and on parts of the hi-way (generally where it was concrete) it felt pretty rough. Now I wish I had ordered it. Is there a way to have it added after delivery?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I feel the same way. I didn’t really know what it was so figured I didn’t need it. Went on a 4 hour trip this weekend and on parts of the hi-way (generally where it was concrete) it felt pretty rough. Now I wish I had ordered it. Is there a way to have it added after delivery?

Unfortunately no, I wanted to do this on my 18 when I had it, but no there's no way to do so, i was even willing to pay ford to do this. I will always recommend ccd, as good as the base suspension is, it still feels very trucky and out of date compared to the ccd equipped trucks.