Orifice tube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Payton

Reaction score
I have a 2000 ford expedition xlt eddie bauer. It has the 5.4 in it and is a 4x4. I have been trying to find the orifice tube. I wanted some more ideas on where it may be before I assume it was removed and not replaced by someone else. I have looked at the condenser high and low side, I also checked a spot under the battery tray that was recommended on a youtube video. I went to get some spring lock tools so I can check at the evaporator in a few hours when it cools off. Is there anywhere else that this orifice tube could be. You may have also heard of the orifice tube referred to as the expansion valve

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP
OP
P

Payton

Reaction score
Yea that's the video that shows the spot under the battery tray and I do know they are different. Thanks for trying to help though

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you get a picture of the area on passenger side of engine compartment? Would make it much easier.