OutPut Shaft Speed Sensor (OSS)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pdumler

Reaction score
I have a 2014 expedition limited. the other day while driving the the check engine light came on. The code it was giving me was P0720 which is for a faulty OSS sensor. i have the replacement part but need help physically locating it on the ******.

Im139

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my 2013 Expy Limited EL 142k, no speedo, engine light, tire pressure low light, and the wrench. I also had the digital fuel data go blank although the needle gauge was working. This all happened in the same week. When I lost the speedo it also had sluggish acceleration and shifting was off at times. I turned the vehicle off and started back up and everything went back to normal. Got home and scanned to find a P0720 code. Ran my vin through Ford support and found an issue with the lead frame plate and that my vehicle was just under the mileage requirement, <150k. Dealership is taking care of that under the extended coverage. I think I addressed the fuel sensor by trying a fuel treatment that hopefully has done the trick in the fuel tank. I believe those two issues to be unrelated and just coincidental that they happened in the same week.

BoomHawkalaka

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my 2013 Expy Limited EL 142k, no speedo, engine light, tire pressure low light, and the wrench. I also had the digital fuel data go blank although the needle gauge was working. This all happened in the same week. When I lost the speedo it also had sluggish acceleration and shifting was off at times. I turned the vehicle off and started back up and everything went back to normal. Got home and scanned to find a P0720 code. Ran my vin through Ford support and found an issue with the lead frame plate and that my vehicle was just under the mileage requirement, <150k. Dealership is taking care of that under the extended coverage. I think I addressed the fuel sensor by trying a fuel treatment that hopefully has done the trick in the fuel tank. I believe those two issues to be unrelated and just coincidental that they happened in the same week.
Mine did that two weeks ago. I had a P0721 code pop up for a day and then cleared it by itself. The dealer said the code is not stored in the system if cleared and now I'm waiting for the code to pop again. Does anyone know how I can check the wiring for the OSS? The P0720 code is for the sensor and P0721 is for the OSS circuit.

jwgeorge

Reaction score
This is exactly what I have going on with my 2014!
What exactly did the dealership replace?
This Expo has has no speed sensor mounted on the side of the trans case so I am digging for any information.