output wires on the factory amp for sub...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I haven't taken mine apart yet, but can anyone tell me what wires the output of the factory amp are for the sub?

I am gonna ad a connector to it like this so I can unplug the factory sub and add a single 10" DVC sub in its own box and use it sometimes, and also be able to plug the factory sub back in when I want to remove it and use all three seats or haul something.

http://www.amazon.com/Molex-Female-Extension-Adapter-Sleeved/dp/B00DBTIVHG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1452019356&sr=8-4&keywords=4+pin+molex+connector+48%22

Thank you!

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't have wiring diagrams but be careful choosing a sub. Some on the factory subs are DVC. The factory THX system in my Navi had a 2 Ohm DVC and if I remember correct 50w per coil rating on the sub. Stick with the same Ohm rating and I would look for a high efficiency rating to make the most of the relatively weak factory sub amp.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
on the amp itself on top of the sub...all the wires are for the amp...if u go to my photo album on here I believe I have pics of where I used an audio converter where I added to 12s behind the 3rd row while keeping the factory sub still plugged in...if not...i'll dig up pics to put on here showing what I did...

OP
OP
johnboneske

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah, I have a 92db/1w1m 10" dvc 4 ohm sub so I am thinking it should be efficient enough. I have it in a 1.05 Ft3 box which is tuned to 26hz.

I was hoping to know which wire is which on the output. I assume there are 4 since it is a DVC sub. Just wanted to know if someone knew the colors of the wires and which wire is what. Thanks!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
keep searching...that information is out here...I don't know cuz I used a multimeter when I connected my 12s to the signal converter...that didn't last long cuz I took out the sub and put a big amp in there

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah, I have a 92db/1w1m 10" dvc 4 ohm sub so I am thinking it should be efficient enough. I have it in a 1.05 Ft3 box which is tuned to 26hz.

I was hoping to know which wire is which on the output. I assume there are 4 since it is a DVC sub. Just wanted to know if someone knew the colors of the wires and which wire is what. Thanks!

DVC 4ohms will work but you will lose power. Most of the factory systems are 2ohm and I believe I saw a thread recently with someone asking about a factory sub stamped 1ohm. You will prob gain some with the ported box though but I wouldn't expect to thump with prob 50W to an 8".

I don't know the wiring but I believe you should see the wires going into the box to power the sub.

OP
OP
johnboneske

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It actually does work good. I tried it today and works phenomenal actaully.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
only thing that matters is that ur happy...put up a vid

OP
OP
johnboneske

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will say, it doesn't kick ass by any means, but it is pretty impressive from such a small amp. (Didn't think it had it in it.