Overhead display

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dsjoiner

Reaction score
ultimately I'm asking how to fix the display. Until a few weeks ago, the overhead had three options - direction, mpg and blank. direction and blank still work, so this should be the mpg display. Now it shows all the characters and no mpg. holding the two buttons to reset doesn't change anything.

Apollo02exp

Reaction score
Hi DS,
A guy on eBay fixes them for $25 also he warranties the work. Just search out overhead display for 97-02 Expedition

Apollo02exp

Reaction score
Rapid Electronics

Automotive Electronic Component Repair
Programming / Odometer Correction

Austin, TX

We are a proud ASE/L1 certified repair facility

This is a repair service to your Overhead Console Temp Compass Fuel Display.
You will need to send us your unit after purchase.

THIS REPAIR SERVICE IS FOR THE FOLLOWING MAKES AND MODELS:

1998 – 2008 Ford F-150

1998 – 2008 Ford F-250

1998 – 2008 Ford F-350

1999 – 2005 Ford Excursion

1998 – 2005 Ford Expedition

1998 – 2003 Ford Explorer

1998 – 2011 Crown Victoria

1998 – 2011 Grand Marquis

1998 – 2005 Lincoln Navigator

2003 – 2004 Maruder

1998 – 2002 Mountaineer

1998 – 2004 Lincoln Town Car

IF THE ITEM SHOWS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR VEHICLE THAT IS OK. JUST MAKE SURE IT IS WITHIN THE YEAR AND MODEL LISTED ABOVE. EBAY ONLY LETS YOU ADD A FEW YEAR MODELS IN THE AD.

THE UNIT IS REPAIRED THE SAME DAY WE RECEIVE IT AND IS SHIPPED BACK USPS PRIORITY MAIL.

Common Issues:

Dim/Dead Display
Dim/Dead Back Lighting
Intermittent Display Lighting

This repair service will fix all listed issues.

REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS:

Remove the 1 screw at the front of console (near rear-view mirror). Grab the console firmly and pull down.
Disconnect electrical connector, then remove the black display from the console with a T10 Torx Bit. We only need the black display unit. No need to send the entire plastic console.

Box it up and send it to us for repair. You pay to ship it to us. We pay to ship it back to you.

Free return shipping.

Same day repair service. Lifetime Warranty on the work performed.

These are common failures of the unit, and can be repaired and upgraded without replacing the unit, providing a permanent solution to the problem with a LIFETIME warranty on the work performed.

OP
OP
D

dsjoiner

Reaction score
Thank you for the information. So, even though the direction works, the overhead needs repair?

nycnftm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I keep mine off all the time. Do I really need to see it saying 10 mpg :)