Owl Cam & Sensor Node

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Epic Dad

Reaction score
E2712FC0-E8D9-4C8B-87EC-1E7E754F7B3F.jpeg56C9B41B-04E9-4D64-BB6D-88FAD7C5279E.jpegI have this Owl Cam (that is amazing by the way) that I put in every vehicle. The kit allows you to easily hid all wires and looks like it was built into vehicle. Anyways just got my new Expy and installed it. However noticed this sensor which I am now covering with the camera arm that happens to tuck under the windshield. What is this sensor for and am it going to cause problems since it’s obviously a sensor and what will it interfere with?

Also before
I get asked a million questions about Owl Cam. Yes it’s been worth it over the years and it’s amazing!

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View attachment 75431View attachment 75432I have this Owl Cam (that is amazing by the way) that I put in every vehicle. The kit allows you to easily hid all wires and looks like it was built into vehicle. Anyways just got my new Expy and installed it. However noticed this sensor which I am now covering with the camera arm that happens to tuck under the windshield. What is this sensor for and am it going to cause problems since it’s obviously a sensor and what will it interfere with?

Also before
I get asked a million questions about Owl Cam. Yes it’s been worth it over the years and it’s amazing!
Very nice!

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That’s the ambient light sensor. With it covered your vehicle will think it’s dark out and turn on the lights plus dim the interior gauge and center stack lights for night driving. It’s best to move the camera mount to the left or right to allow the sensor to sense the ambient light levels as intended.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01