Own a 2018 XLT, Have 2019 Limited Rental for the Week - Observations and Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The tow pack gives a lot more than people think!
Electronic rear locker, 4L, 3.73's, brake controller, backup assist (lame I know), big radiator, etc.

If you went to add those things, it would cost a mint. I can't imagine having a 80 thousand dollar vehicle and not putting the trailer tow on it. That could be a deal breaker when you go to sell it in the future as most want the heavy tow so the gearing is realistic in a vehicle of this size. I've never looked at a big vehicle like this and bought it with highway gears.... Thats just me tho! :)

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the sales numbers show, but I'm guessing that not having the tow package isn't a deal breaker for most people. And, I'll bet that having a tow package won't increase the resale price much, certainly not by the $1500 it costs. In my case, the only thing that would possibly help me tow my 4000# boat would be the HD radiator, and that wasn't worth $1500. Ford recommends the tow package if you're going to tow more than 6000#, but you also need a weight distributing hitch. Mine pulls my boat no problem, even across the Snake River Plain in 100F temperatures. Oh, and mine cost $58,500 OTD, not $80K, as I chose the options according to my specific needs. Including the stock 18" wheels for a better ride, obviating the need for CCD. The interior materials are cheap, but I hunt and fish with it, so not a big deal. Not having the moonroof means I can put more weight on the roof rack, plus more headroom, too.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've got 65K in mine with all those add ons..... List was 80k.

If you just run highways, I can see the want for the 3.31 gears! Little easier on fuel.

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've got 65K in mine with all those add ons..... List was 80k.

If you just run highways, I can see the want for the 3.31 gears! Little easier on fuel.

22.1MPG this tank, mixed City/Highway. About 25MPG Highway.:) But, with the 10-speed transmission, the top three being OD, it's not clear to me that the tow package hurts your mileage all that much. Driving style is probably more important.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ya, mine won't do that unless I drive it really really easy. I do a lot of short trips and very little highway driving and mines averaging around 19.5. Thats some idling, lots of dropping kids n stuff off and then driving 2 miles to work n back.

gtncpa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I installed them and then took my mom for a ride in the new vehicle and she immediately asked what was rattling so much. ughhhh. lol
I could not find a rattle ... and my kids are grown. It was my sunglasses in the spot above the rear view mirror.