P0012 P0016 codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello everyone I need some help. I have a 2008 limited expedition. In Dec 2020 one of the timing chain tensioners failed and the engine jumped time. Jan 2021 I replaced the chai and all of the components that need to be changed (phasers, chains, tensioners etc.). It was running good for a while then one day it wouldn’t go over 30mph or 2500 rpm’s. I figured out that the cats needed to be replaced. I fixed that issue and it was back to normal. Last week I was driving home and I was at a red light light and it started to idle real rough. I stepped on the gas and I got no response from the engine. I was able to limp to a gas station I popped the hood to see what was causing the problem, I touched one of the coolant hoses that runs over the coil packs and the line broke. I replaced the line and removed all of the fluid from around the coil packs and when I start it the car runs good for 15 seconds then runs rough and shuts off. The two codes I get every time are p0012 and p0016. Has anyone run into this before? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Rjbeyer

Reaction score
I see this is a really old post. But did you ever find out what it was? I am having the same codes

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360