P0155 o2 sensor replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had a p0155 code pop up, need to replace passenger side upstream o2 sensor on my 07 expy, it's in a really tight spot and also doesn't want to come out. Has anyone replaced this and can give me some advice on how to get it out?

OP
OP
L

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In case anyone is wondering, it's still stuck and the local shop wants $200 to replace it.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Is that the one above the starter? I just had the starter out and I thought that would be really rough to do that sensor in the street; it's really up there. I do everything myself, but if I had a guy who'd do it for $200, I'd pay, unless I had it up on a lift. Maybe in the good weather you can give it a try, but it sure looks rough.

There are special sockets, I'm sure you know and you may try a stubby ratchet. Back and forth to break up the carbon and hope the threads aren't stripped. They sell a tap to clean and chase the threads.

OP
OP
L

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can get in there well enough to do it, it's just stuck, thing won't turn at all. Was gonna try heat next, friend of mine has a blowtorch with an angled end. If I had $200 to use I would, but unfortunately this time of year with Christmas and my daughter's birthday, it's not happening. So I get the joy of doing it.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Spray it with lots of Kroil, wait overnight -- there's carbon built up in there. Spray and twist to tighten and loosen... Hit it. Keep it up and force it if you must to get a little movement. Then back and forth. It should come out.

Let us know if you get it.

OP
OP
L

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I got it off and the p0155 code won't go away even after clearing it. Any ideas? I've tried checking to see if the wires have power, they do, I tried a different brand o2 sensor, I've tried unplugging the battery overnight to see if that might fix it. I'm running out of things to do. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze