P0236 code and dealer couldn't duplicate it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keny01998

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello All,

I drove to Atlanta from Arkansas with an Uhaul 6x12 cargo trailer and my 2019 Expedition 4WD XLT suddenly lost power in Alabama and the AT temperature was in 223. I was driving around 70 mph with a loaded trailer and the gear wrench showed up along with no pre-collision not available light. I had to pull over and wait for 30 minutes to cool down since I smelled like something burning. After a while, most of the lights were gone except the malfunction check engine light and my Ford app said something about the turbo sensor is not reading specific range value. I was managed to get to Atlanta next day and the AT temperature went down around 218 max.

I took my Ford to Five Stars Ford dealer in Stone Mountain area and they wanted to keep my Expedition for 10 days just to diagnose it. I politely rejected their offer and called Gwinette Place Ford in Duluth, they wanted to keep it for 2 days to diagnose which is okay with me. I also stopped by AutoZone to have them check on the code and they said P0236. I brought my Expedition to Gwiinette Place Ford, they kept it for 2 days and couldn't duplicate the error. They did clear the malfunction light on my dash.

How serious is the P0236 code? I google and many people said the MAP sensor may be dirty, needs to be replaced. I want to check on my own since I felt like Ford dealers didn't want to work on it.

Thanks,

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is some good info: