Panoramic Tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rednecked

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on getting the panoramic window tinited. Here in AZ it will help out in the summer. I heard not to do it do to the glass shattering? Sound right?

Old Dog

Reaction score
I have ceramic tint on my sunroof and it does make a difference on heat. I also have the windshield done in clear. The way I understand it the tint will keep small pieces of glass from hitting you if it was damaged from road debris. Done 2 prior f150 with no problems.

BIGRED03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How much did you pay to have the roof (s) ceramic tinted? Warranty included?

Last edited:

cruiseguy24

Reaction score
I am debating doing the sunroof as well. For those who did and have had it awhile, do you always leave the shade open? I am just wondering if the heat from the film, plus having the shade closed at times, might be too much.

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had all the glass tinted, including sunroof, this spring. In my case the installer suggested you should NOT use a dark tint on the sunroof but no problem with a lighter shade. Just took his experience/knowledge (I didn't want dark anyway) and have had no problems. Had the windshield done also and find I'm no longer longer so hung up on putting up my windshield shade every time I park. Only use it now it leaving car in sun for hours. This is the first vehicle I have had tinted and can tell you that my personal experience is the film makes a substantial difference on the interior heat. Just really heating up for summer here and glad I made the purchase.

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had my Vistaroof tinted with 30% IPX ceramic tint. Huge difference, and I can leave the sunshade open even in the middle of the day, and the sun is dim enough not to bother anyone. Significant heat reduction. In fact, all of my windows are tinted with IPX ceramic tint. It's not cheap, but the cabin is significantly cooler.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just out of curiosity, how much did it cost for ceramic tint including sunroof/windshield for this huge beast?