Parking Aid Fault - 2019 Expy Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kjjohnson

Reaction score
Yesterday I had a new fault start. It posts the fault after starting and putting in gear. Forscan shows no signal from front sensors (B129C:31-2A, B129D:31-2A, B1B36:31-2A, B1B38:31-2A, B1B40:31-2A, B1B42:31-2A). This started after having new wiring installation for interior lights. These 6 sensors are all the front parking sensors (left front side, rifht front side, left front outer, right front outer, left front inner, right front inner).

Possibly something came loose during the installation. Looking for suggestions/tips on where the wiring for these runs so I know where to look. Or, other suggestions?

Thanks!
K

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you install the package ck1-1 with the modified aria4 components, your dealer/installer has to make sure the gremlin6 option is deinstalled prior to mating the x6 to the 687-4 ( not the -4a, that’ll cause other problems with the active chassis braking).

In other words, something was not reconnected right during your wiring installation.

2018expyXLT4wd

Reaction score
When you install the package ck1-1 with the modified aria4 components, your dealer/installer has to make sure the gremlin6 option is deinstalled prior to mating the x6 to the 687-4 ( not the -4a, that’ll cause other problems with the active chassis braking).

In other words, something was not reconnected right during your wiring installation.

...Now that we all have a firm grasp of the obvious; since all sensors are affected, check the owner's manual for the location of the fuse supporting the Parking Aid. Might be useful to trace the sensor connectors back to a common connection point, perhaps a connection is loose.

Rather than responding with comments along the lines of, 'I really have no suggestions to offer", how about resisting the urge to respond at all.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
...Now that we all have a firm grasp of the obvious; since all sensors are affected, check the owner's manual for the location of the fuse supporting the Parking Aid. Might be useful to trace the sensor connectors back to a common connection point, perhaps a connection is loose.

Rather than responding with comments along the lines of, 'I really have no suggestions to offer", how about resisting the urge to respond at all.
Tongue in cheek, meet captain obvious.

Should I repeat "maybe a connection is loose?". If so, and the OP had a shop perform the installation, I'd suspect that there isn't something the OP really has the time and effort to deal with (and there is nothing wrong with that) and the best bet is to take it back to who installed, and see if they can help. A cursory look at the (2 inch thick) wiring diagrams will reveal that it could be a time consuming job to find the location of the connectors, let alone inspect them.