Parking Brake Pedal stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TurboPirate

Reaction score
Hello guys long time, my 2001 Expedition the parking Brake Pedal get stuck I pull the release handle and with other hand I have to pull the pedal up, is there a return spring I should look if broken? Should I remove the pedal out of the SUV for fixing or rebuilding? Thanks in advance TP

D

doodlebugs-93

Hello, m name is Patrick, yes I there's a return spring on the parking brake pedal, mine done the same thing two weeks ago and I had to get the entire parking brake pedal assembly replaced so I made a trip to the local junk yard and they had the exact same year expedition like mine and it was even the eddie bauer trim package. going to the
local junk yard not only saves me money instead of going to the local dealership, but I also make the trip to the local junk yard enjoyable to see what they bring in from time
to time, hopefully I helped you out with your situation good luck Patrick.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
When you get a chance, pull a rear wheel drum to see if there's anything left of the rear parking brake shoes too. In these parts they rust to bits...