Parking garage height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tl01

Reaction score
What is the height of the expedition 4x4 with the OEM roof rack? Today I was needing to park in a building with a 6 foot clearance. Obviously that didn’t happen;). I think I should put a sticky in the vehicle so hubby knows the cut off.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
76.2" for the 4x4, 76.4" for the x2
I think thats the std height, the crossbars add a few inches to the height. But yea the expy never been shorter than 6 ft...shes a biggun fr

OP
OP
T

tl01

Reaction score
6 foot parking garage?!?!? That’s insanely low.

I know! It was also a super narrow chute to get in to the parking lot so I was glad they posted the height at the street. It would have been a mess getting out!

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not an Ex, but someone I know took his $75000 2018 F250 up to DC for a conference. Valeted it and the runner didn’t know that the truck was too tall (stock height) for the parking garage. Completely destroyed the dual moon roof glass and paint on the roof of the cab. It was 3 days old. Concrete gouges down the entire length and width of the top.

jgudnason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ever find yourself ducking every time you go in a garage? lol i know ducking my head doesn't help the top of the truck get any lower, but i still do it every time i'm in a tight garage.
there is one place i park with a 6.6 clearance, that the entrance is down a ramp, so the clearance sign scrapes my roof rack when i go in, cause back wheels are still higher up the ramp. first time i was a little worried, but i've parked in there a few times now..

JohnT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I liked my Silverado for that, the wing mounted antenna was (I assume deliberately) just higher than the roof. If the antenna cleared it the truck would too.