Parking Sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

talonfxr

Reaction score
I have a 13 limited 4x4 and have the intermittent tone on the front, I have found that large snowflakes will set it off, large bugs, also found that because the great state of utah finds it necessary to throw aggregate on the roads during the winter a direct rock strike will cause individual sensors to fault out, a test can be performed to verify which sensor is bad with out any special equip (youtube is your friend). I have replaced sensors and have fixed the issue.
As far as the wiring fault I had the same issue on my 08 f250 and found the wires in the 7pin plug with minor rust causing shorts ie the code. pulled the plug apart cleaned and added corrosion preventative reassembled and everything was good.

For those that were wondering I did not purchase the sensors from Ford because they are out of their mind on the cost at $130 each. I took the manufacturer part number and found non-Ford branded sensors for $15 each. The only difference was that it did not have the slot for the plug which was easily fixed by cutting the raised portion out of the plug to make it smooth. Clips on fine, and has worked well for the past 2 years.

vincentrose

Reaction score
Sometimes when I am a stop light my front sensors will go off too. But I think the reason is because a bird or some other insect flies in front of the sensor and sets it off. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does happen it's only for a second or two.

espritv8

Reaction score
Same issue here. First it was a bad sensor that wasn't making any ticking noise, so I changed it, but weeks later it came back.

Changed the sensors many times with aftermarket ones and the issues still there. Running out of ideas, but i'm thinking aftermarket sensors may be just bad and I should go with the real thing.