Parts on extreme back order?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mommy3610

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Expedition Max Limited. Unfortunately I was rear ended in November and had significant damage to the lift gate and bumper. The collision shop has been great, however they’re telling me Ford is saying they have no ETA on the last part to arrive, which is the tailgate.

Has anyone else been told the same thing? I get there are delays all over the place, but to not have an ETA at all seems excessive. Luckily I can still drive the truck, but it is annoying that I can’t use my lift gate.

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Expedition Max Limited. Unfortunately I was rear ended in November and had significant damage to the lift gate and bumper. The collision shop has been great, however they’re telling me Ford is saying they have no ETA on the last part to arrive, which is the tailgate.

Has anyone else been told the same thing? I get there are delays all over the place, but to not have an ETA at all seems excessive. Luckily I can still drive the truck, but it is annoying that I can’t use my lift gate.

What about getting one from a scrap yard to hold you over until the new one arrives?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Today is day 65 that my 2015 Expedition Limited has been parked at the Ford dealer, waiting on a steering gear assembly that is on national backorder (with no estimate from the dealer when the part will be available).

Ford has no concern for its customers.

Good luck.