Passenger side mirror freaking out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Little update...took mine in to finally get this popping thing dealt with. The only annoying thing is they are charging me 60 bucks for a computer update...still under warranty. But I am so over it I would pay 200...sadly.

Also...my water pump failed which is why its at the dealer in the first place...total fail for Ford on the build quality.

I'd push back on them. My dealer fixed it under warranty. I understand charging for feature updates, but not ones that fix actual problems (especially ones with a bulletin: SSM 47835).

Bill Schell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got one too...Ford didn't care. They said "You have plenty of warranty...if it stops working all together we can work with you on fixing it." SOOOO COMFORTING to hear this when you paid 70,000+ for a vehicle...
I also find it fairly embarrassing that it does it when I am taking clients around in it.

We just experienced this on our trip to AZ and shortly after having added my wife's seating position as "driver 2". It had not done this for the preceding couple of months when I was the only driver and using memory 1. I think Ford has started calling these "features" instead of problems :rolleyes:.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We just experienced this on our trip to AZ and shortly after having added my wife's seating position as "driver 2". It had not done this for the preceding couple of months when I was the only driver and using memory 1. I think Ford has started calling these "features" instead of problems :rolleyes:.
The fix that’s mentioned in this thread actually worked for me. So I think Ford realizes it as a problem.

Bill Schell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The fix that’s mentioned in this thread actually worked for me. So I think Ford realizes it as a problem.

While in at Alexander Ford here in Yuma for the erratic power side step, they did this update on the wonky side mirrors. They seemed to know about this problem straight away - so it appears to be a common issue. Hopefully this resolves it, permanently.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While in at Alexander Ford here in Yuma for the erratic power side step, they did this update on the wonky side mirrors. They seemed to know about this problem straight away - so it appears to be a common issue. Hopefully this resolves it, permanently.
Mine has stayed gone and it’s been a couple months I think now...

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What's up with the "erratic power side step?" Just last night I got into our '18 and when I started driving I heard it move and realized it had not retracted like it was supposed to when I closed the door. Once the vehicle was moving though it did retract. That was very unusual and I don't recall it happening before.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What's up with the "erratic power side step?" Just last night I got into our '18 and when I started driving I heard it move and realized it had not retracted like it was supposed to when I closed the door. Once the vehicle was moving though it did retract. That was very unusual and I don't recall it happening before.

Mine does this occasionally. Never been an issue tho as it always closes.

Kmdcolo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had issues with my passenger side mirror. Ford flashed a software update causing both driver and passenger mirror to have issues(had it for 5-days). I took it to Lincoln and they fixed both mirrors and my running board in under 2 hours.

Atticus Mabrry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They are charging me a software update to fix it...it is at the dealer now. Major ****** off at Ford over this crap. It's clearly an issue and has been from day 1 and yet I get to pay for the update to fix it??