Passenger side mirror freaking out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LVMCPA

Reaction score
Well the replaced that module FINALLY on Friday and tonight the mirrors went nuts again! But my Bluetooth issues seem fix and sterao screen seems fixed. Now my rear lift gate opens at random on its own. I am sick of this vehicle.

jgudnason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it's happening on my Expy quite frequently as well.. usual fix is to fold/unfold mirrors quickly.. but i've even had it re-occur a couple times on the fold out.
easy entry also exacerbates the situation, as it adjusts the mirrors it seems every time i get in and out of the vehicle..
Just waiting for a Service Bulletin to be issues before i bring it up at the dealer.. I just know what that response will be like..

Atticus Mabrry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is dramatically getting worse! Ford says "unable to duplicate still". It did it twice while I was driving the other day which leads me to believe it could be a nasty little safety issue. And still having issue with the SecuriCode acting up and the back lift gate not unlocking properly... LVMCPA...I'm getting sick of it too! And Ford service for that matter!

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is dramatically getting worse! Ford says "unable to duplicate still". It did it twice while I was driving the other day which leads me to believe it could be a nasty little safety issue. And still having issue with the SecuriCode acting up and the back lift gate not unlocking properly... LVMCPA...I'm getting sick of it too! And Ford service for that matter!
The last 3 threads I’ve seen have you as the most recent comment with a complaint, man I feel bad for you. You may have a potential lemon. So far I’ve seen a transmission shift issue, mirror freakout, seat Lester issue... totally sucks! Your dealership service department sounds awful.

Atticus Mabrry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The last 3 threads I’ve seen have you as the most recent comment with a complaint, man I feel bad for you. You may have a potential lemon. So far I’ve seen a transmission shift issue, mirror freakout, seat Lester issue... totally sucks! Your dealership service department sounds awful.

I've been thinking it...but now you've made me really worry that is the case! And yes...they suck! I absolutely loved this vehicle for a few days then realized all the issues and immediately started trying to tackle them to no avail. Gave up a perfectly good 2000 Ford Explorer that was still running fine save a few paint scratches...for this....

Hopefully it gets fixed this next time! Here's to hoping! Apparently 75,000 bucks doesn't get you much reliability these days!

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I feel you, i try to put up with all the glitches cuz its new but its fustrating when you pay so much for a vehicle and service, no matter how much they think theyre helping, just cant get right. Great car, but hard to keep the love. I have noticed that navs have significantly less issues except the popping outside mirrors. As much as i wanna get another when my lease is up, ive been lookin at all new like vehicles being released. Aviator is a beauty but eaitin on the gm twins, x7 and the new gls.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I feel you, i try to put up with all the glitches cuz its new but its fustrating when you pay so much for a vehicle and service, no matter how much they think theyre helping, just cant get right. Great car, but hard to keep the love. I have noticed that navs have significantly less issues except the popping outside mirrors. As much as i wanna get another when my lease is up, ive been lookin at all new like vehicles being released. Aviator is a beauty but eaitin on the gm twins, x7 and the new gls.
It’s hard to say if the Navigator has less issues or if there are just so many more Expys on the road compared to the Navigator. That being said the service with Lincoln is, in my experience, worlds better than I’ve seen reported here. I’ve had the mirror pop some and the heat shield by the spare tire rattles if I slam the right rear door or drop heave stuff in the back... I consider neither a big deal.

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you have your Ford Expedition serviced at a Lincoln Dealership?

I had my Navigator (2007) serviced at my local Ford Dealership because it was much closer than the Lincoln Dealership.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you have your Ford Expedition serviced at a Lincoln Dealership?

I had my Navigator (2007) serviced at my local Ford Dealership because it was much closer than the Lincoln Dealership.
I’m sure they can work on the Ford but seeing as it’s a step up in service that wasn’t paid for in the cost of the car versus a Lincoln stepping down in service going to Ford I’m go out on a limb say no.