Passenger side mirror freaking out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It will...mines does it almost everytime we use the memory seats its annoying esp when people hear your 70k tick off a basic feature

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What I find most annoying is when I am in a hurry - drive off before it's done popping...
You can stop the popping almost immediately by providing the popping mirror a manual adjustment command. (Select the misbehaving mirror, press up/down/left/or right.)

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used to do that, but now the poppin overrides the adjustment and i gotta wait for it to stop.

rumline

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To get mine to stop I double-tap the mirror fold button, to start them folding then unfolding them again.

It sure is embarassing to have a $70k+ car ticking loudly in the parking lot. Mine even started doing it on remote start...used to only do it when I unlocked the car to get in.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine hadn’t done this for a few months but in the last week it’s done it a handful of times. So flipping weird.

Meeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine never did it for the first 8 months. Then I programmed the MyKey thing where it automatically selects your preset when you start it with your keyfob. Now it's done it twice, both times after unfolding the mirrors when starting up. I think I might just wait to unfold for a few seconds and see if that avoids the issue.

dhal22

Reaction score
Mine now does this everyday. Not cool rushing to leave your house on a sloped driveway and you can't see anything on the passenger side.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I saw that there may be tsb out for this now. On a navi forum, a mbr got the dealer to replace the motors and hes had no problems since.

fatgroundhog

Reaction score
We've got a CPO 2018 and the problems showed up a few weeks after purchase. Livable, but now the driver's side seems to be off track...sagging and looking at the ground. The local dealership wasn't very helpful over the phone. Has anyone just disconnected the auto mirror function? Or replaced the mirror's motor (which I guess would still have issues with the bad programming)? If it's between this and old-school manual adjustments, the decision is pretty easy, albeit annoying.