PCV Valve & Connector Hose Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Mako825

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That’s what I ordered for my ‘04 Eddie Bauer. Tried to find something at an auto part store... unfortunately, they don’t carry it. Didn’t have time to research an alternate resource (visited my daughter at college to repair), so I ended up grabbing from Ford for approximately $110!!!

Unfortunately, we've all been there before. But hey, that's why we try to do all this regular repair and maintenance - right? Because (a) no one wants to be stranded on the side of the road with a broken down ride, and (b) when we do perform maintenance, we want do it when it's convenient to us and have market choices so that we don't have to overpay for the parts.

I paid around $55 for the Ford PCV assembly that I ordered last Thursday. It was delivered on Monday. The constant tension clamp tool arrived too, so I'll work on this tonight.

bigdogchrisl

Reaction score
So, in am interesting coincidence, the very night I posted that comment some American tool helped themselves to about $400 worth of tools ALL of them coolant system related - and my 2 AC manifokd kits.. And, get this, opened the blow molded case, took every hoseclamp pliers out, then closed the empty case and put it back. Now, I'm no rocket surgeon, but what do you think the odds are its the idiot who's been crying at me to fix his overheating muscle car issue and see while the A/C would t work while I'm in there.
I'll have my answer once I review the camera. Then I'm gonna call and tell him to bring his garbage over and I'll fix it.

Then let the games begin...

If its amusing enough I'll post the vid

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Mako825

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, in am interesting coincidence, the very night I posted that comment some American tool helped themselves to about $400 worth of tools ALL of them coolant system related - and my 2 AC manifokd kits.. And, get this, opened the blow molded case, took every hoseclamp pliers out, then closed the empty case and put it back. Now, I'm no rocket surgeon, but what do you think the odds are its the idiot who's been crying at me to fix his overheating muscle car issue and see while the A/C would t work while I'm in there.
I'll have my answer once I review the camera. Then I'm gonna call and tell him to bring his garbage over and I'll fix it.

Then let the games begin...

If its amusing enough I'll post the vid

So, someone came to your house or place of business and stole your tools - including your new hose clamp pliers?

bigdogchrisl

Reaction score
Mako - thats correct.

TM - it was who I thought it was. A "friend" who I have helped in the past which is why nobody thought twice. He did it in broad daylight - and WAVED at the cop across the street as he was loading the stolen tools into his car.

He is coming over Tuesday...the cops already in on it...

Should be fun.

bigdogchrisl

Reaction score
Seriously - you can't make it up. Here's the punchline though. I'm going to fix his car, it's just the fan resistor - it'll fix both issues. And once I'm done, then I'm gonna show him the video.
And send him the link to it on YouTube, insty...etc etc etc

bigdogchrisl

Reaction score
Not even close to all the stupid is up there, although I gotta admit, you're trying - I live in the bastion if stupidity.
That's why we're leaving. For better or worse, Colorado bound.

bigdogchrisl

Reaction score
And of course, when I say you, I dont mean you particularly or specifically - just the idiots with the mouthpieces. Guess I'm not excluding you from the possibility - but I'd prefer to give folks the benefit of the doubt at least until the initial meeting.
I kinda expect the same. If you feel I'm a moron or being driven in that direction - I'd expect that you'd treat me like someone who should wear a helmet when using the facilities....