Photos of Trailer(s) that you tow with your Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Two nice cars. What do you think your towed weight is?
Thank you. I can tell you exactly. Last time I went from Michigan to Virginia I was messing around at a truck stop and weighed it with a Cat Scale. Very slick set up that you can download an app to use. I'll add that this was an absolutely crappy tow. I had my tool chest and my motorcycle in the front of the trailer. To get it somewhat balanced without 2k+ on the hitch, I had to put my 69 in backwards.
The trailer weighs 3,850 lbs and my Camaro is a big block so she weighs ~3,350 lbs. 7,200 lbs plus probably 500 lbs at least at any given time of odds and ends in the trailer.

Are you towing both!?!? Wow!
Not at one time thankfully!

42576322300_1a171bd1c6_z.jpg

Last edited:

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Expedition does a great job pulling our Cobalt.

Very nice. MerCruiser Bravo 3 outdrive? I was looking at a Stingray at a boat show with dual, counter rotating props. One was 4 blade, the other 3, and I believe the 3 blade was larger diameter. Real head scratcher for a boat novice like me.

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Very nice. MerCruiser Bravo 3 outdrive? I was looking at a Stingray at a boat show with dual, counter rotating props. One was 4 blade, the other 3, and I believe the 3 blade was larger diameter. Real head scratcher for a boat novice like me.
Yea... Never heard of that, one prop with more blades than the other.

And yes, Bravo 3 outdrive. 6.2L Mercruiser powered.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There are a few variations of the Bravo 3. Great sterndrive but a bit less reliable than the competition. With two shafts (one inside another) and more going on they are more prone to failures. Lots of guys on the dock get those rebuilt more often than per say bravo 1 or 2 drives. lots of upper gearbox failures in my experience especially the first few years. Smaller engines came with the alpha 1. On the larger cabin cruiser you can’t beat inboards. A little maintenance on the packings here and there. A lot of stress on a sterndrive when pushing the weight plus you have to worry about your bellows, shaft seals, gear oil etc and having them rebuilt every few years. A sterndrive has to transfer power 90 degrees twice and it takes a lot. Sterndrives are much better for get up and go than inboards however and are better on fuel generally. They keep making these boats smaller and smaller when I go to these shows.

Last edited:

rdlangston13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are a few variations of the Bravo 3. Great sterndrive but a bit less reliable than the competition. With two shafts (one inside another) and more going on they are more prone to failures. Lots of guys on the dock get those rebuilt more often than per say bravo 1 or 2 drives. lots of upper gearbox failures in my experience especially the first few years. Smaller engines came with the alpha 1. On the larger cabin cruiser you can’t beat inboards. A little maintenance on the packings here and there. A lot of stress on a sterndrive when pushing the weight plus you have to worry about your bellows, shaft seals, gear oil etc and having them rebuilt every few years. A sterndrive has to transfer power 90 degrees twice and it takes a lot. Sterndrives are much better for get up and go than inboards however and are better on fuel generally. They keep making these boats smaller and smaller when I go to these shows.

I got a inboard that has plenty of get up and go that I would enter in 0-30 race against any similar sized/power stern drive. After 30 I don’t have much left however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtncpa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
New Expi .... old trailer in tow.

IMG_4766_zpspgxrlfwe.jpg']IMG_4766_zpspgxrlfwe.jpg[/URL]

I posted else where on here ... just looking for an expert on the new trailer settings on my 2017. Anyone understand it? I just have a feel for where to set the brake number full vs empty. It looks like you can save trailer set ups?