Photos of Trailer(s) that you tow with your Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea you can’t use an auto engine. The pistons are wrong, bottom end is wrong, no stainless head gaskets etc. a marine rebuilt long block isn’t very pricey with the commonality if the 5.7 350, great motor. It tops out at 42ish right now with the V6. It may or may not happen. A lot of work that unless I have extra cash and time isn’t needed. If I really wanted it to move I could Marinize my 5.4 3V LOL, that would smoke a small block Chevy with the extra 50 ponies and VCT....all on 87 octane vs high test gas. Interesting to see how engines evolve.

Last edited:

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea you can’t use an auto engine. The pistons are wrong, bottom end is wrong, no stainless head gaskets etc. a marine rebuilt long block isn’t very pricey with the commonality if the 5.7 350, great motor. It tops out at 42ish right now with the V6. It may or may not happen. A lot of work that unless I have extra cash and time isn’t needed. If I really wanted it to move I could Marinize my 5.4 3V LOL, that would smoke a small block Chevy with the extra 50 ponies and VCT....all on 87 octane vs high test gas. Interesting to see how engines evolve.

Have to say, that would be an awesome sight!

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
From this weekend! Went about 100 miles from home. We LOVE going camping! Gonna start Looking for a newer tow vehicle in the spring.

P_20191020_172733_vHDR_Auto.jpg